Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know what this plant is?

Posted by oldgraymare 4 WI (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 15:49

Not sure if its a weed or not. Gets white and pink flowers on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know what this plant is?

You got an answer in the Name That Plant forum.

o

Did you find out the answer? i signed up on this site just to know about this same plant. It's growing crazy. Blooms last only morning and soon turn into dark black seeds.

Lisanti07028: Would've been nicer to point the OP to right question on "Name That Plant forum". I went there and it is full of individual posts. If you knew the answer, it would've been awesome to just reply here?

o

Did you find out the answer? i signed up on this site just to know about this same plant. It's growing crazy. Blooms last only morning and soon turn into dark black seeds.

Lisanti07028: Would've been nicer to point the OP to right question on "Name That Plant forum". I went there and it is full of individual posts. If you knew the answer, it would've been awesome to just reply here?

o

seemit - oldgraymare also asked this question on the Name that Plant Forum. Lisanti07028 was simply referring her/him back to his/her own duplicate question. It was answered 6 days ago and ogm responded with thanks. This is the kind of thing that happens when people post on more than one Forum. People following the thread on the 'wrong' forum don't see the outcome.

The plant is Hibiscus trionum.

o

And for anyone reading this later, this is not native to the US (I mention that since this is the native plant forum).

o

I am not trying to be negative, but if the original poster had no idea what it is, then that person would not have known where to post it. It doesn't matter that this is the native plant forum, it's about sharing information.

o

Thanks Jim-1. I posted it here before I found the name that plant forum. I tried to remove it but it wont let me! Sorry if I irritated anyone.

o

I certainly wasn't being critical of it being here, just wanted to point out that it isn't native for anyone stumbling on this later and having THEM think that because it is here then it is native ....

oldgraymare, don't worry at all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here