Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clover

Posted by link8879 Louisiana (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 18:56

This may seem strange but I am trying to plant clovers. I know that when you put rosemary in water it roots. Will this happen with clovers or do I need to find a clover seed/plant with intact roots?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clover

Many of the clovers that people try to purposely grow are not native to North America and since you didn't say which I'm suspecting it is one of those. This forum focuses on native plants so it is probably not one of the best places to ask. Maybe one of the forums that would talk about "cover crops" - maybe organic gardening or companion plants could help more.

But that said, clover seed is available for purchase through lawn, garden, and farm centers. If I wanted to grow clover in a large area, I would purchase seed and go that route.

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here