SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracenmercy_gw

Aid in stimulating root growth in transplanted trees???

GraceNmercy
10 years ago

I just purchased two paw paw trees at a large nursery here in Houston and they are about 7-8 foot tall, but in 3 gallon pots. I know most of the root system has been cut in order to put into the pots but they've been growing and surviving in the pots for a while. I plan to plant these paw paw trees along a creek on our property in northeast Texas but I want them to get a good start and give them something that will promote root growth when I plant them on the property.

I looked up Mycorrhizae Root Fungi and found some good deals on Ebay, but I know it won't arrive by mail in time before I head north to do some work on our place on Monday which is when I plan to get these trees in the ground. I don't know where else here in town to go and purchase any so I was curious as to whether anyone knows of something similar that may work just as well that I can pick up at a home depot or lows on my way out of town on Monday?

We're now in the fall season and should get some decent rains to water the plants in over the winter, but I want to make sure that the roots are good and established before the spring and hopefully get a couple of fruit...if not I just want the plants to have deep enough roots to make it through next summer. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can offer...

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner