SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xplant2mi

Plans for Native Plants

xplant2mi
13 years ago

Help i have begun to do research for a project for a school in berkley mi the school is planning to install a native plant garden and possibly add a mix of native shrubs depending on our budget (which is limited) i have started reading the books about native landscaping and plants ( i have begun to create lists upon lists of native plants and local suppliers of plants seeds etc) and love to learn more about what was here first but between being a busy mom and trying to document/create a unofficial site plan with the plants, shrubs and trees that are already existing i'm swamped

does anybody have some native plant plans that they might want to share? or live SE michigan and have tips seeds divisions etc that they might want to donate to a school when the time comes - we are still very much in the planning stages but i hope to get to a planting stage by spring if i can help it. i like annuals as much as anyone but they are just way to much work with not enough reward and no one has had the time to make the changes that really should happen

thanks for any help

( i can really use it, having xplanted to mi i am still learning all about what will live here)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH