Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Correct Shrub to plant

Posted by tgmccallie z7a NW GA (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 14:37

I have inward circles at each end of my inground pool. I would love to have a shrub or a manageable tree planted in each circle. I want something that I can keep trimmed to a manageable shape. My pool is direct sun for 100% of the time. I would also need something that does not have invasive large roots that might damage the pool. Also something that is evergreen that does not loose many leaves that would be messy in my pool.

I am open to suggestions. I thought of Nelly B Stevens but someone told me that these had very bad roots.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Correct Shrub to plant

If you plant a holly with spines , you might regret it when you or someone else steps barefoot on some fallen leaves.
Ilex glabra, inkberry holly, might be a nice alternative. If it were my back yard, I would go for something requiring less trimming and maintenance and suited for size for that spot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here