Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iPhone Native Plant Guide Apps

Posted by vanative DC (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 23, 09 at 15:36

I just got an iPhone and was exited to see there were a couple of cool apps that feature native plants in the north east. Botany Buddy and Florafolio really stood out. Does anyone have any experience with these or any other native plant apps? I'd like to get someones opinion before ponying up the cash. Yeah I know $2.99 is not a lot of money, call me cheap :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iPhone Native Plant Guide Apps

I just pulled the trigger and downloaded Florafolio. What a great app. It has a huge array wildflowers, trees, shrubs and ferns. Tons of pictures and useful information. It is well worth $2.99. If anyone wants to check it out, just click on the accompanying link.

Any body know anything about botany buddy? It is pretty expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: florafolio link.

o
RE: iPhone Native Plant Guide Apps

I downloaded Florafolio about a week ago. It's great! Especially now, in the fall, when the plants are done flowering and its harder to tell what is what. Each plant type has a picture of the leaf, flower, fruit and some show the fall color. Very useful when you don't have your books with you. You won't be disappointed with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here