Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you!!!!:)

Posted by greenthumbon1hand 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 21:45

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that incorporates wild flowers into their gardens! I'm huge on conservation and organic gardening, and it's nice to know there are other people out there that feel the same.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you!!!!:)

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:43

Love the photo!

o

My "plant friends" are mainly into natives but most are not purists. I can go months thinking that the push for natives has really caught on. Then I attend a symposium and realize that the speakers and most of the audience are all for the newest "discovery" out of China or some place exotic. And many area Extension agents are still pushing for great lawns (yawn) and have lists of recommended plants that are 90% or more exotics.

I just returned from a mountain trip and enjoyed the areas that have not been filled with exotics. It always amazes me that there is so much beauty out there...in our own backyard, so to speak.

And so, the critters and I join you in thanking all gardeners who include natives in their landscape.

o

I also have a weakness for the latest and greatest varieties, but after seeing all the wildlife that natives attract, I wish I would have gone with more natives instead. But, I have a large hillside in back that I am planning on planting with natives :)

o

If everyone includes natives and tries to avoid invasives, we will all be better off. Keep educating gardeners on the blessings of natives.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here