Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify plant, care and maintenance

Posted by Rickster88 USDA14 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 1:11

Hi All,

Am I correct in saying this plant is a tristania obovata? My landscaper had put this plant into my garden and I'm trying to find the best way to care for it.

tristania obovata 1 photo image_zpsf725b106.jpg
tristania obovata 2 photo image_zps4c2d991c.jpg
tristania obovata 3 photo image_zps78633205.jpg

I'm looking for advice on fertiliser and pruning. At the moment I've used some gardening string to hold it up together. The branches are leggy are trying to get as much sun as possible (which is it positioned in such a position already). If I pruned it, it would be bald as nearly no leaves grow at the inner branches.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify plant, care and maintenance

I suppose is you live in Sumatra, it must be a native.

o
RE: Identify plant, care and maintenance

what is that? I did see this plant, but I dont know what is the name

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here