Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening Club in Brookhaven

Posted by summerain Z6 N.Coram, NY (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 23:24

Hi! I just came across the ivillage Garden Web and I've been looking for a Garden Club in my area. I have tried to find one and to date have not found one. I do however go to anything garden related at my library.
I would like to find out if maybe someone near me would like to start up our own Garden Club or at least share secrets, plants and tips.
I am a Stay-at-home-Mom and just really got into gardening two years ago. I am a novice to say the least but would love to learn and share what I have learned.
Thanks again for your time. I hope to hear from you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening Club in Brookhaven

I hope you find one. Ive been looking for one in my area - Babylon, havent found one.
I absolutely love love love gardening.
Good luck.

o

• Posted by lee1 z7 Long Island (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 22, 06 at 10:22

I believe there is a Patchogue and and a Sayville Gardening Club which also have tours of local gardens. There is also a Long Island rose Society and Daylilly Society. You can contact the local Cooperative Extension at Kermit W. Graf Cornell Cooperative Extension Building 423 Griffing Avenue, Suite 100, Riverhead, NY 11901-3071 or
Tel: 631-727-7850, Email: suffolk@cornell.edu. They might be able to help you. Happy Gardening!

o

I belong to the Patchogue Garden Club. There is also a club in Bellport ( by invite), and I believe Setaucket also has a club. I thought I had posted the Patchogue meeting once before, and I believe Spike ( former web owner)may have deleted it. If you call the Chamber of Commerse in Patchogue, they will give you our contact person...she also is a Chamber member. We are a very open , friendly group with alot of activities , and welcome new members. Susan

o

Our LI Master Gardeners is having free lectures at the Holtsville Ecology Center and we are also having a plant sale.If you are interested, check out our website.
http://limg.org/ Lynne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here