Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Usual coastal Spring delay? or later than usual?

Posted by carol6ma_7ari zones 6 %26 7a (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 8:08

I'm looking out on the first leaves of rugosa roses, hydrangeas and clematis; all a long way from flower buds. Forget-me-nots are blooming, and dandelions (of course!), not much else. Some red tulips.

It seems to me that, what with the immense load of snow this past winter, and cooler than usual temperatures, Spring has been delayed by a week or 2. How is it in other coastal areas?

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Usual coastal Spring delay? or later than usual?

About as usual this year for me, (Cape Cod) I thought the crocus were a bit late but everything else seems about as usual. I noticed the lilacs are just getting ready to open. I'm thinking w/in a week to 10 days they will be in bloom. Forsythia & daffs are passing, some tulips as well although most are still blooming. Tree leaves are now opening on most of the trees. They are what I call that "young green" color but they're opening & I love seeing that. I'm still waiting to plant most annuals until after 5/15 but some people say after Memorial Day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here