Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to buy Endless Summer in Mass.

Posted by slechleiter z6 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 12, 04 at 11:07

Can anyone tell me where I can buy Endless Summer in Mass?

I just called Mahoney's in Winchester, the "biggest and best in my local area" who told me a delivery would be in on June 11, and now they are saying it won't be here til mid July.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to buy Endless Summer in Mass.

Did you try Weston in Hopkinton? Give them a call. These are pretty expensive -- expect $40+.

o

Supply and demand.
Sometimes the nurseries can't fill a truck and have to batch deliveries with other local nurseries. Also the trucking companies may be reluctant to send out half loads when they can get several shipments out in the same time frame on other business ventures. Availability of certain plants can be shorted with the grower overselling his inventory inadvertently. There is All Summer Beauty, another blue that blooms on new wood, similar to Endless Summer. If you don't find an alternate source, you can probably go on the waiting list, better later than next year.

bj

o

Try Kanes in Peabdy, ma. route 114 or Corliss Brothers in Ipswitch.
If they have them let me know.

o

Cupp & Cupp Nurseries on RT. 110/2A in Liittleton has them for $30.00. They are a wholesale nursery open to the public and have great prices on everything.

o

Called Corliss brothers this morning. They ran out a month ago. They also are expecting to get some in in July. I'm number 75 on the waiting list. If I find any before than you will be the 1st to know. If you find any please let me know.

Paul

o

Picked up 2 at Chapman's in Manchester by the sea this morning. They may have more in their Beverly Farms store.They had about 6 left in Manchester. The shrubs are small 1 gallon size but the price was right.

o

I didn't know there was a Chapman's in Manchester by the Sea--where? I work at Gordon College.

o

Take a look at the ES thread on the hydrangea forum. Many folks think they're a dud. After reading them, I think I'll wait another year, rather than pay inflated prices for something that isn't as good as its reputation.

o

Just found endless summer at Briggs Nursery in
Attleboro, MA.

o

Corliss Brothers had a sign out this morning that Endless Summers had arrived and were available.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here