Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PPP magazine going out of business?

Posted by peetne 5mass (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 04 at 11:13

Is People Places Plants magazine really closing down? Someone at our last club meeting said next issue could be the last. But I thought the organic trend was still growing. Chalk up another victory for America's chemical dependance! :(
peetne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PPP magazine going out of business?

• Posted by Cady 6b/Sunset34 MA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 22, 04 at 12:38

That is news to me. What a shame if it's true.
They didn't do much publicity, though, and there is a lot of competition from the garden/shelter magazines. Does that mean the tv show will go too?

o

I was just about to subscribe. I guess maybe nbot if this is true...

o

I haven't heard anything about the magazine being shut down. I really doubt it. I have heard that PPP will not host the Maine Garden Show again next year.So maybe thats what the rumor is about the magazine no longer doing the Maine garden Show again?

o

It's just a rumor.

Here is a link that might be useful: People Places Plants

o

The magazine took a huge financial loss when the Portland Flower Show didn't do well this year. But they aren't closing. I know someone who works there, and she's very busy working on future issues. So everyone please subscribe and support them!!!

o

Yipee! The latest issue of People, Places and Plants came in the mail today, Groundhog's Day. Mamasalvo: DO subscribe.

o

Mon, Feb 7, 05 at 10:19

PPP is continuing publication. When I went to the New England Grows! green industry tradeshow last week (Boston), I got the lastest issue and learned learned from "those in the know" that the magazine is publishing the New England-New York edition, but has eliminated the MidAtlantic edition. Also, the television program is no longer being produced.

o

Oh geesh - I hope not! I just gave my daughter-in-law a NEW subscription for Christmas and she just received her first issue a week ago. I think it's a wonderful publication!

Luvherbz

o

Wed, Feb 16, 05 at 10:56

They aren't going out of business. They just stopped publishing the Midatlantic edition of the magazine, and are not producing the television show anymore. The regular PPP magazine will continue to be published.

Everyone can breathe easy!

o

Everyone can breathe easy except those of us who were subscribing to the Mid Atlantic edition. I should probably ask them about transferring my subscription back to the New England original. It was kind of frustrating for a Metro New Yorker anyway -- the division cut my day-trip zone neatly in half.

o

Wed, Feb 16, 05 at 20:15

I thought that maybe Mid-Atlantic subscribers would be automatically "merged" back into the general magazine if the subscription still has 1 or more issues left in it? Did you get a notice from the publisher?

o

The Mid Atlantic edition published their last issue in the fall or winter of 2004 due to sluggish sales. Now we will have to have the North East edition only.

o

I'm going to subscribe again now that they've taken the turn to organic methods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here