Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower Identification

Posted by wtm442 New England (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 04 at 18:24

Need help identifing a flower. Only bought Impatiens (seeds and plants), but one is not an impatiens. Flower has a rose "star" pattern with a white border. Leaf is similar to impatiens, except longer and more pointed at end.

I'll try to add a picture, but if not I can e-mail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower Identification

It sounds like a New Guinea impatiens, which has the pointed leaves, but usually larger flowers. Found a picture on the web at this website:
http://www.highwoodsnursery.com/prod01.htm
Think this is it?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Guinea impatiens

o
RE: Flower Identification

• Posted by wtm442 New England (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 28, 04 at 20:56

MuffieNH

Sorry, but its not a New Guinea Impatiens. Although the leaf looks like it, the flower is two tone, and the edges are not rounded. The edges have points on the flower in line with the star pattern. I'd love to add a picture, but I cannot see how to do it. If you can send me your e-mail address, I can send a jpeg pic.

wtm442@comcast.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here