Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping with seashells etc. ideas.........

Posted by flowersandthings MidAtlantic 6/7 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 31, 04 at 0:55

I'm sure someon'es already thought of this but I love the idea of using natural sea or I guess sort of natural...... (...... like seaglass)...... items in the garden...... especially the coastal garden...... using premade pots or homade I suppose and adding patterns of seashells by attaching seashells or sea glass of course...... to the outside of the pot...... also adding shells and seaglass to stepping stones or making stepping stones in the shape of shell...... If shells are big enough I also like using them as planters or at least make plants...... short ones of course most likely spill out from them onto the ground....... It's nice to scatter shells through the garden...... :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping with seashells etc. ideas.........

• Posted by Donn_ Z 7, seaside,NY (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 31, 04 at 13:54

Get Crabs!

They make great coastal garden art. Watch for fish bones, too.

o

We use shells through out our gardens - mostly as a border but also in our rock beds with sea glass and pebbles, etc. We mulch with seaweed too - great for the plants and we like the look of the beds. Also driftwood and sea creatures. I wish I could put in a shell driveway like my neighbor but I resorted to tar as shells have to be replaced every few years - our driveway is too large to do that. You could also make some shadow boxes with them to hang in our porch, or add them to shelves hung on your shed, porch or deck with decorated pots. They look great when you make your own stepping stones then add the sea glass or beads. Large flat shells I put in small candles in or just flower clipped with a sip of water.

Anyone seeking ideas go to the Garden Junk Forum - those members are just awesome!!! Many great ideas there!!!

Shells are just BEAUTIFUL - I love them!

o

Some lovely ideas here!
I mulch many of my plants in pots with seaglass and seashells.
Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here