Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

NH Spring Plant Swap

annie_nh
15 years ago

I noticed that people have been reading and responding to past NH Plant Swap messages . Guess it is time to post a new message for 2009.. Yes, we will have a swap this year.I'm planning to have the swap Sunday, June 7th. Let me know if that is a good date for everyone.You don't have to live in NH to attend. All are welcome. Will post another message later on with more particulars.

Annie

Comments (17)

• blaketaylore
    15 years ago

Hi Annie,

That date works fine for me. When June comes, I will post what plants I will be bringing and what plants I hope to trade

Blake

• nika59
    15 years ago

Hi I am to the site and live in Vermont..would love to be notified when your swap is going to be. Email is fine also
    thanks

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nika,we'd love to have you join us. So far all the people who have emailed me have said Sunday, June 7th is fine.

Annie

• zahzeen
    15 years ago

Hi,

I'd love to participate in a swap and June 7th is fine with me. However, I live in the Boston area and am curious to know the part of New Hampshire where the swap will be held - I'd be making a day trip presumably. I'm also new to this and would like to know what I should expect to bring (annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, anything?). Thanks very much.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I live right outside of Manchester NH and depending just what part of Boston you live in I would say we are 45 minutes to an hour away from you. People bring all of the things you mentioned and even shrubs and small trees. We would love to have you join us. I'll be sending out more information later.
    Annie

• zahzeen
    15 years ago

Thanks, Annie. Manchester is almost just a "commute" from here. I look forward to seeing you and other gardeners on June 7th.

• blaketaylore
    14 years ago

Hello Again

Just decided to check in once more with a list of what I am looking for most and what I have to offer. I need lots of hostas and day lillies for a 44 foot diameter labyrinth in my back yard. So far I will be brnging:

LIlly of the valley, red rose campions, catnip, spearmint, eqyptain onion, yellow snowdrops, chives, southernwood, oregano.
    If any one wants these let me know so I will get an idea of how much to pot up and bring
    I will be driving in from coastal southern maine
    blaketaylore@yahoo.com

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Blake
    I would love your yellow snowdrops and southernwood.
    I have lots of old fashioned daylilies. My hostas are just peeping up out of the ground but probably I will be able to divide some of them for you as well.
    Annie

• nhhoney
    14 years ago

Annie I know you have done this for a year or two anyway....Has anyone ever brought cactus? That is mainly what I have to offer, and I do not do any outdoor gardening.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes I have done this for at least 8 years, maybe more.One year or maybe two we did have some people bringing cactus but I think it was for outside as I took some to plant.Unfortunately they didn't survive.Why don't you post a message here and also on the discussion thread to see if anyone is interested in cactus or if they have any they might want to trade.Are you interested in any other indoor plants?
    Annie

• diane4000
    14 years ago

Hello Annie,

I'll be there! Always lots of fun... I'll have some different perennials. I notice folks are interested in houseplants -- I might have a few of those too.

Hope to see some new faces and the "regulars" as well!

Happy Spring,

Diane

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've started a post on the discussion side as more people seem to use that side of the New England site.
    As it gets nearer to the time of the swap you may want to list there what you are looking for or what you may be bringing.
    Zahzeen, please email me your address so that I can email you directions to the swap.
    Annie

• pjhendrick
    14 years ago

I am interested in the plant swap. I live in eastern MA and have an abundance of some things, although I don't know if people really want them or not. I have to trade:
    *yellow raspberry bushes (Fall Gold variety--I think) they bear two crops per year.
    I have a lot of wooded area in my backyard and also have:
    *jack-in-the pulpit
    Other plants I have extras of are:
    *Spirea (not sure what variety, but has pink flowers)
    *hostas (not sure of the variety, but most of mine have solid green leaves
    *some purple coneflower,
    * a few lupine (pink/purple/blue)
    *some orange "ditch lilies"
    *some Siberian irises
    *some mint
    *some chives
    *some dusty miller
    *I also have a plant which grows about 6-8 feet tall with a 3-4 inch yellow/orange flower on top of which I don't know the name of
    I would like to get some idea from someone as to which plants would likely be in demand as to make sure I bring plenty. Please post a follow-up if you have any idea as to which of these plants would likely be in demand for swaps.
    Thanks.
    Peter Hendrickson
    Milford, MA

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Peter
    Would love to have you attend our plant swap.Your iris, hostas ,lupine. raspberries,and jack in the pulpit would interest a lot of people. I for one would love a jack in the pulpit and some of your raspberries.
    You should go to the discussion page of New England garden web and list what you have to offer.
    If you are really interested in attending the swap you need to email me so that I can send you directions etc.
    You can find my email address by going to My Page.Please respond directly to my email address there.

Annie

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

zahzeen
    You need to email me for directions to the swap
    Annie

• pjhendrick
    14 years ago

Annie: For some reason my aol browser will not let me go directly to your web page. Can you email me at PJHendrick@aol.com for directions to the plant swap.
    Thanks.
    Peter

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

the 2009 NH fall plant swap is listed on the discussion side as this side seems to get little business.