Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

have: nh plant swap

annie_nh
18 years ago

I will be hosting our annual NH PLant Swap on Sat. June 3rd. My farm is just a few miles outside of Manchester, NH

All are welcome. Bring as many or as few plants as you wish. You can sign up by responding to this post or by emailing me directly. If you are looking for any particular plants you might want to list them in your response to this post. Also you could list what you might bring. Some people like to set up some trades ahead of time which is fine.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends as well as welcoming new-comers.

Annie

Comments (59)

• deirdre13
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Annie,
    I'm happy to say that I'll be able to attend this springs swap. It will be so nice to see everyone again!
    I'll probably be bringing a variety of hardy geranium seedlings, as well as a variety of salvias.I'll also bring more misc. things., I'll list those as we get closer to the swap date.
    Just a note, I'm currently having some difficulty with my email, so any communications will have to be done via this forum.
    Looking forward to the 3rd!
    Deirdre

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Deirdre
    So happy you can make the Spring plant swap. We missed you last fall. You will be happy to know that Susan ( Lily's Garden ) is planning to come as well. I don't know if that wonderful plant you gave me last spring was able to weather the winter.However those black elephant ears from 2 years ago are doing famously.I brought them in for the second winter and have 3 plants ready for repotting outside.I will start the hardening off process this next week.
    I'm so looking forward to seeing you all.
    Annie

• gata
    18 years ago

Geranium phaeum gets about 18" tall I'd say. It self seeds quite well. Sorry, but I have not pictures of it. I'm sure you can find some with a google image search.

I'll pot some up to bring to the swap. Also have already potted up some Geranium macrorrhizum - fragrant foliage!

Deirdre! How great you'll be there. Looking forward to seeing you!

Annie, thanks once again for being so generous of time and space.
    Gata

• ljjennings
    18 years ago

Good Morning All,

I was so excited to see your posting Annie for the Spring Swap! It is so nice of you to host this again and again for all us plant lovers.

Molly and I plan on coming on June 3rd. As the date gets closer, I will post what I have available to bring to the swap.

I may bring a friend and her daughter if she has the day free.

Excited to see everyone and swap plants.

Lyn

• wrichard
    18 years ago

Hello, I'll be at the NH Plant swap. I'm a winter sowing newbie this year. I will bring plants to trade.
    As it gets closer, I'll finalize what I'm bringing. Please let me know if anyone is interested in Fringed Bleeding Heart.
    I also have Bloomsdale Spinach, Pumpkin - Big Max, and Cucumber plants.

I would like to get some Dame's Rocket if anyone has that plant.

Wendy

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have been out and about today and started potting up some plants. I have 2 pots of turtle heads, one lupin, 1 jacobs ladder, 1 garden heliatrop, and 3 or 4 spring white daisies which are very similar to shasta daisies but bloom earlier. I will have more in the coming days. Just let me know what you are interested in.
    Annie

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Wish List:

Please add tomato & pepper seedlings to my wish list- if anyone has extras to share. Not sure what's NOT happening in my Winter sowing containers of these (obviously nothing...)

Not picky on varieties of toms; plain bells on the peppers.

The "so far" wish list:

Tomatoes
    Peppers (bell)
    Hosta (any)
    Perennials (any, but have these specifics so far that are MIA from the winter sowing containers):
    Ech. Magnus
    Ech. Doppleganger/Double Decker
    Yarrow
    Rudbeckia:
    Prairie Sun
    Irish Eyes
    Toto
    Daylilies (other than Kwanzo or Old Fashioned Orange/Ditch)

Thanks!

• gata
    17 years ago

I'd love a start of Jupiter's Beard (Centranthus) if anyone has some to share.

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

I would like to attend. I am new to gardening and never attended a swap before. What is the protocall?

All I really have to offer is Hosta, but lots of them. A couple above mentioned that they wuld be interested in Hosta, how many should I plan on bringing?

I really want some flowers. I need color in my gardens. In Jul-Aug my hosta give off plenty of purple and white, but I'd like to add many colors year round. I'm open to suggestions.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Gregory

We would love to have you attend. Bring as many hosta as you want. They are always in demand. Are any of them varigated?
    What kind of flowers are you looking for?

Some people may contact you directly to set up some trades ahead of time so you might want to post just what kind of flowers you'd like in your garden.
    Please email me directly and tell me where you are located so that I can email you directions.

Annie

• gata
    17 years ago

I've emailed to Gregory wondering what kinds of perennial flowers he might like, and also what colors of daylilies he would prefer. His hosta list is wonderful.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi there mmqchdygg

I see you want some tomato plants.I got carried away when I was starting my tomatoes so I have some to share with you. Some of mine even have blossoms on them. By the time of the swap they may even have tomatoes.
    Annie

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

Thanks to those that replied to my post above. I'm not exactly sure what hosta I will have for trading this year, as the month pogresses, I will have a better idea. I am in the process of identifying all my hosta and it is slow process until they really start unfurling. I know that isn't very helpful for those wanting specific hosta varieties?!

I also don't know what types of other plants/ flowers I am interested in. Again not very helpful, but I am new to gardening and open to suggestions. I know I like Lillies, irises, hibiscus, cone flowers, fox gloves, etc. But I know there are many, many more that I would love if I saw them. Again - not very helpful, I know!

Greg

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Annie- Thanks for the tomatoes! That will be great! I'll see what I can do about digging some stuff up. This is only my 2nd swap, and my gardens are still new, so the offerings may be 'small'...size-wise v. qty. Hopefully I can bring at least a good selection which may or may not include any/all of the following:

Daylilies- Since they aren't marked, it'll be hard to ID them, but the list goes something like this:
    Green Canyons
    Pink Flirt
    Peggy Bass
    Cancun
    Bicentennial Queen
    Sea Gold
    Suzy Wong
    Voluptuous Pink
    Francesca DaRimini

like I said, I don't have ID's on these, so it's gonna be hit or miss. The only thing I can tell you about them is they are peach-to-pink varieties, and most all are Mid-Season Bloomers about 3" or more in height with 5+" blooms. The exception is Suzy, which is very similar in habit to Stella, but is a clearer yellow and not so recurved. Bloom on that one is 4" or so.

Other things that may show up will be UFOs from last year's WalMart box mix "Cottage Garden" that are showing up in my garden and I have NO idea what they are, so you can find out when we get there.

Likely I'll dig up some Oswego Tea...it's pretty agressive, but I like it.

Couple of ornamental grasses- I can't remember what one of them is. Here's a pic. It's that hairy little beast in the front of this section to the left of that spilled white vase:

The other one will be a patch of Zebra Grass that I'm not real fond of, so will probably bring that.

Sedum- what has been told to me is Autumn Joy, but I can't be sure. Will bring a little patch of that

Might be able to squeeze out a small section of Sedum Matrona, but no guarantees.

Malva Sylvestris Mauritiana...Nice big patch of that coming up, so can confiscate some for the swap.

Evening Primrose- likely we ALL have some of that, but I find it very pretty, so will pot some up.

Greg- I'm definitely interested in some hostas- since I have UFOs, I will wait until the swap to see what you have, but know that you can add me to the 'would like some' list if you have enough to bring for everyone.

I think that's it for my update.

• gata
    17 years ago

Update on my list of things I'll be bringing:

Salix purpurea 'Nana' - dwarf arctic willow - several started a year or 2 ago, in pots. Makes beautiful little bush

Chelone lyonii - pink turtle head - native - Really nice pink flowers, late

Helliopsis helianthoides 'Golden Plume' very tall yellow, old fashioned favorite

Aquilegia - columbine - various sizes and ages. Mostly blue, but who knows for sure? I'll call it a mix.

Named and unknown daylilies.

Bearded iris I call grape soda - it is purple, and smells like grape soda tastes!

Gata

• deirdre13
    17 years ago

Have a partial listing of plants I'll be bringing.
    Salvia nutans
    Salvia azurea
    Geranium brookside
    Geranium Victor Reiter Jr.
    Geranium Jester's Jacket (small self sown seedlings)
    Helianthus Lemon Queen (seedlings)
    Nepeta Souvenir d'Andre Chaudron
    Nepeta Walkers Low
    Dianthus siberian blue
    clusterhead dianthus
    That's it for now,I'll add more as I think of them.
    Gata, I'd love one of your salix if possible.
    Can't wait to see everyone.
    Deirdre

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gata I have some centranthus ruba seedlings. Is that the same as Jupiter's beard?
    Deidre I'd love either one of your neptas.Hope you can find something of mine that you would like

annie

• gata
    17 years ago

Thanks Annie, yes, that's it (Centranthus).
    Dierdra,
    Yes, for sure - Salix for you!
    My fingers are crossed for good weather on June 3rd.

• deirdre13
    17 years ago

More additions:
    Ajuga (dark leaf variety)
    salvia forskahoeli(I know the spelling is wrong)
    spirea gold mound(on the small side)
    petasites
    linarea(either white or pink)
    anthriscus "ravenswing"
    solidago fireworks
    Annie, you can have one of each. Thanks Gata, I've wanted that salix for some time now.
    Deirdre

• gata
    17 years ago

Anyone want some Ladies Mantle (Alchemilla Mollis) ?

• diane4000
    17 years ago

Gata, I would love some Ladies Mantle. Can't get enough of those!

And Deidre, I'm interested in your anthriscus and solidago (I assume this is a garden variety goldenrod, not wild?)

Thanks! I look forward to seeing everyone. I'll post my offers soon.

Diane R.

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

You have to be kidding me!

Everyone, it was so beautiful today, so sunny and bright I had planned on going home and taking pics of what I will be bringing to the Swap and doesn't it figure--I am looking out my office window and there is a huge grey cloud in the sky. Wish me luck, I will be home in about an hour hopefully the sun will come back out.

In any event, I will be posting what I will have for trades, fingers crossed-with pictures.

Wendi

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

I have some large ferns that are used as background contrast for my hosta. They have gotten out of control and I am going to pull some. Does anyone want any?

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I've never used ferns because they are so 'wild' around here that I figure I'd be creating a roadside look (can you say: "ewww!")...but would be willing to try a couple if they aren't to unruly to pot up.

I pulled up what appears to be a small patch of batchelor buttons, will bring that. Have a few Hosta Golden Tiara I can trade- again, just babies.

Anyone interested in some baby cosmos? The pink/white giants? (5 footers) I have a bazillion (well, not quite that many) coming up in my spaces that I don't want, and will pluck & plant if anyone's interested. Otherwise, it's pluck & compost...

• gata
    17 years ago

Sure, I'll adopt some of the cosmos seedlings.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is an updated list of plants I have potted up.
    Turtle heads
    Jerusalem artichokes
    filipendula
    bleeding hearts
    phlox
    white daisies
    lupin
    lady bells
    teasel
    garden helitrope
    sweet william
    astilbe
    perennial batchelor buttons
    jacobs ladder
    agastache
    margerites
    catch fly
    phlox
    holly hocks
    coreopsis
    coneflower
    rose campion
    I also have a few seedlings ( good sized ones ) of datura and hibiscus if any one is interested.

Counting the 11 who have posted messages here and others who have emailed me directly it looks like we will have about 25 people at our plant swap. I'll be sending directions to the new comers. Please let me know if any of you others need directions as well.
    Plan to get here at 10 am or earlier if you wish. Coffee will be ready.
    Looking forward to seeing you all.
    Annie

• nhdennis
    17 years ago

Hi all,

Amy and I are planning to attend. as most of our plants are 2nd year we have a few items to share.

Cherry tomato seedlings about 10 extra

a few of the tall purple coneflowers ( Amy likes the knee highs better)

a few silver mounds

and 5-6 3" pots of english lavender.

Cant wait to meet a everyone and put names with faces.....

• lilysgarden
    17 years ago

Hi there Annie, Dierdre and all!

As crazy as life has been, this is the first time that I have had a chance to visit Gardenweb in a long time. I just don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to. Anyway, I do hope to get some plants potted up this week and will, hopefully, have a list of what I'll be bringing. I know that I plan on bringing Cryptotania japonica purpurea, Echinacea purpurea and Caryopteris divaricata. I also have at least two mature Gooseberry shrubs that I need to remove, they are just too prickly for me, if anyone is interested in them. Once I get out in the garden, I'll have a much better idea of what else will come along.

I very much look forward to seeing everyone!

susan

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

After many threads telling you that I would be posting my list of haves/wants, I promise that I will do it tonight. The weather has been so crazy I have been trying to get my yard in shape whenever I can.

I will be attending again with my DH and this time we will be bringing another couple. They are new to the gardening experience. My friend Kelly told me she doesn't really know what she has or what she wants.

So poking around her yard we found a few things that she can swap with. Here we go:

Haves
    Solomon Seal
    Irises (she doesn't know if they are purple or white)
    Oregano
    Ribbon Grass

As far as wants go, she knows that she would like Basil if anyone has it.

nhdennis--She knows that she would like English Lavender. Is there something that she trade with you for some? On the same note, I would like to try and swap with you for two pots of it for myself if that is possible. As I have said above, I will post what I have tonight (along with pictures).

Miss Annie, do you still want recycled pots? My DH is going crazy trying to get rid of the collection that I have amassed. Everytime he goes to dispose of them I tell him "No, those are for Annie." If you tell me yes then we will be bringing them.

Wendi

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Basil I have WS 3 different types, and will see what sprouted and bring those for Kelly.
    I haven't figured out what I'm bringing yet. I'm still planting out; have 30 plants from Saturday to put in the ground, and a gagillion more that I'm not sure what to do with yet.

That having been said, I will desperately try to get my list done by Monday (holiday) and post it.

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

mmqchdygg, you are so funny.

My friend loves Basil and she buys it at the grocery all the time. She inherited a little herb garden when she bought her house but the only plants that are left are chives and a ton (she thinks too much) of oregano. I will tell her, she will be so excited.

Loved the note about the Sisters Plant Sale. That was so funny, it was meant to be. Isn't that cart great? Yep, we will be bringing it to Annies.

I am in the same place as you are, I have a ton to get into the ground and I HAVE to post. I have been putting it off for so long it isn't even funny. No matter what it will be tonight. On top of that I have to update My Page (it's only been about a year or two since I have done that;) ).

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Okay, I am finally posting. Ready everyone?

I did not get to take pics of everything that I am bringing, just a few things. I also wanted to say hi to a few people and add a few pics from the last swap so I didn't want to make this a long posting.

Here's what I will be bringing:

Really tall. This is the other 'Daisy-like' plant that I will be bringing. I call this my 'Bumblebee Tree'. When I planted this last year I had absolutely zero idea as to what it would do. I was told that it would grow maybe a foot to a foot and a half, it would have daisy type flowers on it. I love this plant. It grows to about six feet, the Bumbles love it (it was so funny in the Fall when it started to get chilly, in the morning I would go out to the plant and there would be bees all over the flowers and they looked like they were sleeping, when the sun rose further and the day would get warmer the Bumbles would wake up). As you can see by this picture, it obviously spreads:

Hostas--I will be bringing at least three different types. I forget what their names are but I promise I will look them up in my Garden Journal and will have them for the Swap. Here are two of them:

The other is Francis William. That I definately know. I always confuse the other two.

I did not take pictures but I have:
    Solomon Seal
    Purple Coneflower
    Bugleweed
    Daylilies (they are either Happy Returns/Yellow or Cinderellas Dress/Pink--I forgot to mark what went where so you have a 50/50 chance of getting the color that you want ;) )

Hens and Chicks

Just kidding, seriously I will have two different types of Hens and Chicks. One light green and the other a purplish red color. If you want me to take pics and post, let me know.

Sedum--I have a bunch of different types/

Trust me, I am sure I will find a bunch more (I usually do).

Here are my wants:

TURTLEHEADS!!!! I think that was one of the hottest items at the Fall Swap. They are my obession now, anyone wanting a trade let me know please, I will find what you would like for them. As a matter of a fact, Gata I may have found a Jupiter's Beard Plant, it's about a foot tall. Interested in a swap?

Lavender/Heather--need purples in my flower beds. I thought that L/H would be nice.
    Lupine
    Tomato (my DH will be with me, carting my treasures to and from our vehicle, so I thought the least I could do is try to swap for something he would want)

mmqchdygg--I am interested in your Golden Tiara Hosta. I will be bringing our prearranged Bishop's Weed, that is if you still want it. I am quite sure that you have read all the pros and cons. If you want it and only if you do, I will dig some up for you.

Sheila, PJ and I are looking forward to seeing you and your sister again. Another sister? I am sure that she is as nice as the two of you are.

Molly's Mom (Lyn)--PJ took this at the swap and told me to post it last fall, of course I forgot. I am sure she has grown since this was taken so we will just have to take another one

Here is a reminder of the some of the gang at the Fall Swap:

See all of you in a few weeks!

Wendi

• ljjennings
    17 years ago

Good Morning All,

I've been hunting in my gardens trying to identify what I plan on bringing to the swap next weekend and this is what I have so far. If anyone has any specifics, let me know so I will be sure to dig it or see if I have it. I am not good with plant names so bear with me!

Penstamon (White)
    Aqulegia Vulgaris Columbine (mixed colors)
    Buddleja Davidii
    Oenthera
    Spring aster
    Anemone Hupehensis
    Lamium (Pink to Purple)
    Ajuga (Reptans Burgundy Glow)
    Filipendula

Herbs: (will dig if any interest)

Oregano
    Egyptian Walking Onions
    Mint

I would love some Echinacea (white or some new colors)
    Salvia
    Hydrangeas
    Echinops
    Unique plants (good for cut flowers) - I am selling cut flowers at a couple of Farmers Markets this summer.

Thanks,

Look forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

Lyn

• gata
    17 years ago

Hello all. I know that Annie has some turtleheads to share, and I do too, if they are popular. I love them, they are nice because they bloom so late. So, Wendi, I'd love the Jupiter's Beard if it is available. Annie has some seedlings, but I'd love to try a bunch of it.
    Lyn, I'll try to include some salvias. Your spring asters sound nice.
    This year I hope to be bringing my friend Lori.
    Looking forward to the swap,
    Gata
    P.S. Annie, I have a few books to add to the doorprize gifts. Also Annie, would you email to me the directions? I know I could get there again, but I'd love to have your phone # in case something delays us. Thanks

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Gata,

I will pot that Jupiter's Beard up, it's a really good size. I am so happy! I will snap a pic tonight and see if I can find the original tag for it.

Everyone else--I forgot to add that I am looking for Sunflowers. I had ten seeds from Annies Giant Sunflower and I put them in peat pots. The sprouted and a few weeks later I wanted to start hardening them up, opened up my cellar door and proceded to drop the tray with all of my seedlings. Needless to say, everyone of them was crushed. Now I need new ones so if anyone has any please let me know.

Thanks!

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

So far I know that I will bring the hostas below. I included a link to the hosta library so you can see pictures. The links will get you to the right letter in the library, but you will have to drill through to see them.

Emerald Tiara
    Janet
    Paxton's Original
    Stiletto
    Cheatin Heart
    Sum and Substance
    Stiletto

I have a few more that I will bring, but I will list those later.

If anyone is interested in having some open seeded all green hostas, let me know. These won't be "specimen" plants, but good space fillers. Some are similar to Green Piecrust.
    But if there is no interest, then I won't bother with those.

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Wendy-
    I have sunflowers- they're not tall ones though...they're "Helianthus Dwarf Yellow Spray" from Valueseeds. I have many seedlings. 2 feet high with branched spray habit. Want 'em? I don't remember what others I have still awaiting plant-out. I bring.

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

MMQCHDYGG, You are great but unfortunately I am looking for Giant Sunflowers. The smaller ones the squirrels knock over and eat the seed whereas the Giant Sunflowers only the birds can get and that is what I want. I appreciate the thought though.

I forgot, Kelly also has chives that she will be bringing.

• dave5b
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I now have my trade list updated! Please take a look and see if there is anything you would like.
    I haven't decided what I will bring but it will likely include thrift and Tiarella. And I have lots of ferns. Look at the photos below, maybe you really do want ferns in your flower bed.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/Dave5b/th_Woodlandpath.jpg
    http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/Dave5b/th_HostawithFerns.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade List

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WENDI
    If I have time I'll go down in the field and dig up some of the sunflowers that are appearing everywhere. I won't guarantee100% that they are the giant ones but I'd say the chances are 50/ 50.You might also be interested in my jerusalem artichoches. They are tall with large daisy like flowers that bloom September thru October.

As for the rest of you ,would you please email me directly and state what I have promised you so that I can set them aside
    Also tell me if you need directions. My poor brain is getting addled.
    Annie

• ljjennings
    17 years ago

Wendi,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Yes, Molly has gotten even bigger! The time goes by so fast.

Look forward to seeing you next weekend.

Lyn (aka Molly's mom)

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone
    Lyn I've saved turtleheads and coneflower for you
    Greg for you I've got lupin, conflower, sweet william and hibiscus
    Dave for you lupin also coneflower which may or not be white
    Gata for you cardinal flower and centhrus ruber seedlings
    Wendy for you sunflowers(quite sure they are the tall ones.)
    Susan jerusulum artichokes
    Let me know if I've left out any one who requested something from me.
    Lets hope next Sat. is as nice as this one!
    Annie

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Gata,

I found the tag for the Jupiter's Beard. I got it late last fall and just stuck it in the ground and hoped for the best. I didn't even think about it until I saw your post. My DH potted it up last night, it's small right now but once it is planted in your yard I am sure it will be fine. The tag says ROSE JUPITER'S BEARD Centranthus ruber Roseus sun/part shade 2-3'. I remembered that I asked the man at the nursery what it was and he said that it's a really pretty plant that the butterflies love. So it's all packed up for it's day trip next week.

Annie, you are the best! What else can I give you other than just recycled pots? Let me know please. Thanks to you I remember what the 'Bumblebee Tree' is. It is a Jerusalem Artichoke that I received from you in the Spring. I love that plant.

Everyone else, if anyone wants anything specifically from me, let me know here and I will be sure to bring it specifically for you.

Can't wait until next weekend!

Wendi

• rzax
    17 years ago

Hi All. I'm the gal who brought all the turtlehead (chelone) last fall that people went nuts over. I had planned to bring more this spring, but it looks as if several others are bringing some. So unless I hear differently, I'll leave the chelone at home this spring. I can bring the following to trade:
    cranes' bill grandiflorum mauve
    monarda bee balm red/purple
    nyosotis -forget me nots
    lysimachia clethroides gooseneck loosestrife
    digitalis foxglove old fashioned
    bloodroot
    lily of the valley

Things I have seen posted that I would love to trade for include:
    Valerian including the Jupiters Beard
    lupine (and the secret to getting them to live)
    lady bells
    coreopsis
    nepeta Walker's low
    columbine
    buddlia
    datura
    hibiscus

• diane4000
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just got back from vacation. I never got organized enough to do a list, so I'll be winging it.

However, does anyone want any HOPS RHIZOMES? These things grow 15-20 feet tall and need lots of sun and water. My overflow is living in the compost pile for now.

I *won't* be bringing these unless someone wants them. Please send me an email to let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Diane

• terryboc
    17 years ago

I have a few things potted up-not a lot as I am frantically trying to get my messw of a garden ready for a tour for my garden club in July.

-Ribbon grass-trade with caution, this spreads a lot
    -large varigated hosta
    -an all green hosta that is a reversion of Revolution. It most likely will stay green.
    -I have some large solid green hostas if anyone wants them. I won't bring them if there are no takers-too much work to dig
    -garden heilotrope (valerian)
    -2 astilbes (pink or white, can't remember)
    -violet-nice ground cover but spreads wildly
    -lily of the valley
    -philipendula
    -1 foxglove (either purple or apricot)
    -Maybe a daylily or 2
    A few left over veggies:
    -black beauty eggplant
    -varigated sage
    -hungarian wax pepper
    -golden oregano

whatever else I can come up with tomorrow.

Annie,
    I'd be interested in a datura if you have any unclaimed.
    See you on Saturday.

• graficdziner
    15 years ago

I know these are old listings, but annie do you still plant swaps?

• sheeshrn
    15 years ago

Hi Graficdziner,
    Annie has a swap each spring and summer keep looking for new post it will be posted closer to the date!

• chuckmc
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone.

Would it be ok to attend the plant swap I f I don't have any plants to bring. I really just started gardening again this year and want to attend to get info and Ideas.

• pjhendrick
    13 years ago

Is the plant swap still on for tomorrow? The weather forecast doesn't look too promising. I attended the swap last June, and really enjoyed it. Here is a list of some of the plants I will be bringing. Please feel free to make suggestions or requests.
    *Yellow raspberries ("Fall Gold" I think--two crops per year)
    *hostas (both solid green and variegated--white and green)
    *Jack-in-the pulpit--I have a lot of these
    *spirea (pink) I have a lot of these as well
    *a few pachysandra
    *lupine (mostly blue/purple)
    *echinacea (mostly pink, but some white as well)
    *columbine (white)
    *artensis? (small green & yellow variegated plant)
    *mint? (very invasive)
    *chives? (you can't kill them)
    *forsythia
    *a small sedum with a yellow flower
    *bamboo (green, running, but only if someone wants it)
    *bleeding heart (tall variety)
    *siberian irises
    *strawberries (could be June-bearing, or everbearing)
    *mums (not sure about color)
    *large ferns
    *Soloman seal
    *Globe thistle
    *I have a lot of a plant that might be butterfly bush, but it might be a weed as well. I can bring a few of these. I hope the weather holds out. I hope to see everyone again.
    Peter (coming from Milford, MA)