Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

Have NH Plant Swap

annie_nh
15 years ago

The NH Plant Swap will take place Sunday, June 1st at 10 am.You don't have to be from NH to attend. Everyone is welcome

Bring as many or as few plants as you wish. You can sign up by responding to this post or by emailing me directly. If you are looking for any particular plants you might want to list them in your response to this post. Also you could list what you might bring. Some people like to set up some trades ahead of time which is fine.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Annie

Comments (16)

• diane4000
    15 years ago

Hi Annie,

I'll be there. I'm bringing perennials, herbs, and something different this year -- seeds I have collected from my own garden and others. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Diane

• fixerupperinnh
    15 years ago

Count me in plus 1.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Will look forward to seeing you again, Diane and meeting you,"fixerupper".Please email me if you have any questions.
    Annie

• fixerupperinnh
    15 years ago

Thanks Annie. The friend I'm going with lives in Goffstown and knows where you are. I went seed happy this year and have tomato seedlings that need a good home. I couldn't bear the thought of just throwing them away. I also have habanero and some white hollyhocks I started from seed.
    I look forward to meeting you as well.

• rzax
    15 years ago

Hi Annie. I hope to be there too. Still wandering about the gardens seeing what is coming in and what isn't. White hollyhocks sound delightful! I'll probably have chelone, perennial geranium at the very least.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've been out in the garden as well. Every day something new pops up. So far I will have evening primrose, regular primrose, bee balm,fever few,pink geranium,garden heliotrope and obedient plant. I also started a few brugs and hibiscus that I will share.

• rzax
    15 years ago

I didn't get many blooms from the Brugs I got from you last year, but I brought it inside, cut it back and it looks great. I may bring it just to show off --- and would love another to keep it company this summer! I have plenty of Solomon's Seal coming in and some May apples, which are quite fascinating to look at.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rzax, I would love a May apple!! I saw one of them at Garden in the Woods yesterday. I will save you a Brugs!!
    Annie

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    15 years ago

I am really looking forward to my first plant swap! Here is my list of what I plan on bringing:

stachys hummelo
    rose campion
    oenothera fruticosa
    meadow anemone
    rudbeckia laciniata (i think...it's a garden thug with beautiful leaves and very tall, 6' flower stalks)
    grape leaf anemone
    european ginger
    dwarf flowering almond
    heirloom iris (no idea what variety. seems to be in the miniature tall bearded family. they bloom blue and are at least 50-60 years or older. looks similar to 'virginia lyle')

i'll also bring a lemon cake
    see you all there!
    Susan

• lilysgarden
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I plan on bringing Crypotaenia japonica purpurea, Caryopteris divaricata (nepalensis), Echinacea purpurea, and... if I haven't killed them.. Daphne mezureum seedlings. If anyone would like some Viola sororia 'Freckles' than I will bring those along as well.

Lily

• deewah
    15 years ago

Can I come?

• gata
    15 years ago

Hello all. I hope to attend this year. Please if you are going, let me know if you would like any of the following:
    garlic chives
    lemon balm
    catnip
    sweet cicely
    valerian
    penny royal
    variegated mint
    Thanks,
    Gata

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Gata
    So glad that you are planning on coming. Looks like we will have a good crowd
    The garlic chives, catnip, valerian and variegated mint sound interesting. Please bring some of each. Hopefully you will find some plants of mine that you would like.Are you interested in any more hibiscus? What is penny royal?
    Annie

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

My apologies for starting my own thread on this! I was new to the garden web and didn't get the concept.
    I will bring:
    perennial alyssum (yellow)
    meadowrue (purple fuzzy tall)
    3 types of solomons seal
    yellow hose in hose primrose
    red euphorbia seedlings (not invasive, makes a clump, self seeds)
    hens and chicks
    vinca
    pulmonaria
    larkspur
    garlic chives
    hollyhocks
    and whatever else I dig on Saturday!
    Kathy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie,
    Good Morning. I was just checking emails and found your two in my spam folder! I just did a mapquest on your addy and your an hour and 15 minutes away from me. I was so looking forward to coming but Beth isn't able to make it and that's a long haul to take alone.I don't know anyone else to carpool with so I'm going to skip out on this one. I hope you all have a good time, maybe next year for Beth and I.
    Lisa

PS: I have 1 little monkshood plant growing from the seeds that you sent me. Thank you!!!

• lilysgarden
    15 years ago

A great time was had by all!

Thanks SO much to Annie for her kindness and hospitality!

Lily