Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have NH Plant Swap

Posted by annie_nh z4/5 NH (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 5:30

The NH Plant Swap will take place Sunday, June 1st at 10 am.You don't have to be from NH to attend. Everyone is welcome

Bring as many or as few plants as you wish. You can sign up by responding to this post or by emailing me directly. If you are looking for any particular plants you might want to list them in your response to this post. Also you could list what you might bring. Some people like to set up some trades ahead of time which is fine.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have NH Plant Swap

Hi Annie,

I'll be there. I'm bringing perennials, herbs, and something different this year -- seeds I have collected from my own garden and others. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Diane

o

Count me in plus 1.

o

Will look forward to seeing you again, Diane and meeting you,"fixerupper".Please email me if you have any questions.
Annie

o

Thanks Annie. The friend I'm going with lives in Goffstown and knows where you are. I went seed happy this year and have tomato seedlings that need a good home. I couldn't bear the thought of just throwing them away. I also have habanero and some white hollyhocks I started from seed.
I look forward to meeting you as well.

o

• Posted by rzax z4NH (My Page) on
    Fri, May 9, 08 at 19:10

Hi Annie. I hope to be there too. Still wandering about the gardens seeing what is coming in and what isn't. White hollyhocks sound delightful! I'll probably have chelone, perennial geranium at the very least.

o

I've been out in the garden as well. Every day something new pops up. So far I will have evening primrose, regular primrose, bee balm,fever few,pink geranium,garden heliotrope and obedient plant. I also started a few brugs and hibiscus that I will share.

o

• Posted by rzax z4NH (My Page) on
    Sun, May 11, 08 at 10:55

I didn't get many blooms from the Brugs I got from you last year, but I brought it inside, cut it back and it looks great. I may bring it just to show off --- and would love another to keep it company this summer! I have plenty of Solomon's Seal coming in and some May apples, which are quite fascinating to look at.

o

rzax, I would love a May apple!! I saw one of them at Garden in the Woods yesterday. I will save you a Brugs!!
Annie

o

I am really looking forward to my first plant swap! Here is my list of what I plan on bringing:

stachys hummelo
rose campion
oenothera fruticosa
meadow anemone
rudbeckia laciniata (i think...it's a garden thug with beautiful leaves and very tall, 6' flower stalks)
grape leaf anemone
european ginger
dwarf flowering almond
heirloom iris (no idea what variety. seems to be in the miniature tall bearded family. they bloom blue and are at least 50-60 years or older. looks similar to 'virginia lyle')

i'll also bring a lemon cake
see you all there!
Susan

o

Hi all,

I plan on bringing Crypotaenia japonica purpurea, Caryopteris divaricata (nepalensis), Echinacea purpurea, and... if I haven't killed them.. Daphne mezureum seedlings. If anyone would like some Viola sororia 'Freckles' than I will bring those along as well.

Lily

o

Can I come?

o

• Posted by gata z4 NH (My Page) on
    Mon, May 26, 08 at 10:12

Hello all. I hope to attend this year. Please if you are going, let me know if you would like any of the following:
garlic chives
lemon balm
catnip
sweet cicely
valerian
penny royal
variegated mint
Thanks,
Gata

o

Hi Gata
So glad that you are planning on coming. Looks like we will have a good crowd
The garlic chives, catnip, valerian and variegated mint sound interesting. Please bring some of each. Hopefully you will find some plants of mine that you would like.Are you interested in any more hibiscus? What is penny royal?
Annie

o

My apologies for starting my own thread on this! I was new to the garden web and didn't get the concept.
I will bring:
perennial alyssum (yellow)
meadowrue (purple fuzzy tall)
3 types of solomons seal
yellow hose in hose primrose
red euphorbia seedlings (not invasive, makes a clump, self seeds)
hens and chicks
vinca
pulmonaria
larkspur
garlic chives
hollyhocks
and whatever else I dig on Saturday!
Kathy

o

Annie,
Good Morning. I was just checking emails and found your two in my spam folder! I just did a mapquest on your addy and your an hour and 15 minutes away from me. I was so looking forward to coming but Beth isn't able to make it and that's a long haul to take alone.I don't know anyone else to carpool with so I'm going to skip out on this one. I hope you all have a good time, maybe next year for Beth and I.
Lisa

PS: I have 1 little monkshood plant growing from the seeds that you sent me. Thank you!!!

o

A great time was had by all!

Thanks SO much to Annie for her kindness and hospitality!

Lily

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here