Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

have: nh spring plant swap

annie_nh
16 years ago

The NH Spring Plant Swap will be June 2nd.More details are listed on the Discussion Side of the New England Exchange.

All are welcome. Bring as many or as few plants as you wish. You can sign up by responding to this post or by emailing me directly. If you are looking for any particular plants you might want to list them in your response to this post. Also you could list what you might bring. Some people like to set up some trades ahead of time which is fine.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Annie

Comments (17)

• dfaustclancy
    16 years ago

Annie,

will definately make it. How is your grandson?

• dfaustclancy
    16 years ago

Annie,

what a great idea for a potluck. I will bring chicken liver pate. (homemade, of course) You like? Or stuffed mushrooms if you don't. Don't know what plants to bring yet, but I always bring something... and go home with stuff too! I bet your place looks lovely right now.... sigh. Aren't these warm, sunny days heaven?

Deb

• rzax
    16 years ago

will try to make it Annie. I have some solomon seal, ginger, bloodroot and may apple to trade. I'd really like some dahlia bulbs and hibiscus (mine didn't winter over well inside).

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ruth, if the hibiscus is the one I gave you , you should have planted it outside. It is a hardy one. If you still have the hibiscus in the pot put it outside in the sun and let it die down. New shoots should come up although it takes awhile. Anyway I'll swap you a red hibiscus for some ginger.

• nhhoney
    16 years ago

where is this plant swap going to be?
    I have alot of cactus

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The swap is in Goffstown,NH just a few miles out of Manchester.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've had time to go out and check what is coming up. I'll be able to offer a couple of grapeleaf anemone,lots of feverfew, gloriosa daisy, spring white daisies,purple cone flower, and lady bells.

I also started some hardy hibiscus inside in March. I have at least 15 red hibiscus that are a foot tall. If you keep them in the pot and dose them with miracle grow they will bloom this summer Then you can put them in the basement and winter over them. Or you can plant them directly in the ground and they will winter over.
    I also started a few yellow hibiscus. Unlike the red they are not perennial. They already have buds on them and should start flowering within the next week.

I'll be adding more plants to the list as they slowly peep thru the ground. Let me know what you are looking for. I most likely have it.

what I would like are any annual seedlings that you have too many of, some foxglove ( mine did not winterover well) and any veronica that you might like to share.

• nightingalemom
    16 years ago

I'm looking forward to it! I have plenty of red bee balm (gets invasive - be forewarned!), some comfrey (same deal), and blackstem peppermint (umm... invasive seems to be a theme here!)

I'll also have a few wintersown herb seedlings like mullein, horehound, and hyssop. Didn't get around to WS'ing many annuals - doh! Still waiting for some of the WS perennials to sprout, and assessing some of the weird winter-kill I've had in my herb garden (who knew catnip and lemon balm could die out over a strange winter???)

I'm not looking for much in particular. I love herbs and berries and perennials, and would actually like to grow Russian comfrey and walking onions if anyone has some... and maybe lemon balm to replace mine that died. Hope all this rain stops by June!

Nightingale :o)

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have more plants to swap. Pink geranium, blue globe thistle, yellow marguerites, primroses, spiderwort,jacobs ladder, and evening primroses.I'll probably find more once I get rid of the weeds.
    Annie

• terryboc
    16 years ago

Hi Annie,
    I'll be there as well-I'll post beforehand what I'll bring to eat. I'm recovering from an illness and food just doesn't appeal right now, but I'll think of something yummy before then. I don't know what I'll bring for plants-it depends on how I feel by then, but I will bring you some foxgloves-I did see some of those popping up around the yard. I have some valrian and also a lot of filipendula and 'Strawberries and Cream' ribbon grass. I'd be interested in Jacobs Ladder and iris, if anyone has extras.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Terry
    I have Jacob's ladder. It's the old fashion kind. I'll pot you up some. I'll see what I have for iris as well. Is your valarian the tall garden heliotrope or the Centhrus ruber?
    Hope you are feeling better. I'm so glad you are coming.
    Annie

• sullicorbitt
    16 years ago

Hi Annie and everyone,
    I am looking forward to the swap, so far here's what I've got.

Lots of ribbon grass
    Lots of Evening Primerose
    Achillea "angel's breath"
    Bishops weed if you dare
    purple spiderwort
    Pink Monarda
    Anenome (large, white, fall blooming)
    Obedient plant
    siberian iris
    Maiden Pinks
    Chives
    Salad Burnet (perennial)

-Sheila

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've sent an email to everyone with last minute directions and information. Let me know if you didn't receive it. As of now we have 15 people participating. Still room for more if anyone is interested.
    Annie

• ljjennings
    16 years ago

Hi Annie,

I plan on coming this Saturday most likely with Molly!

We missed the fall plant swap but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I will be playing out in the yard today and tomorrow again so I hope to post some plants to swap later today.

Lyn (Molly's mom)

• lilysgarden
    16 years ago

Oh Annie! How I miss you all! :o(

I haven't visited Gardenweb in over a year... just too depressing, as I haven't gardened since I ruptured a disk in my back three years ago... hard to believe that it has been that long. I am so hoping to be able to make it to your plant swap. I will bring Cryptotania japonica 'Atropurpurea' and Caryopteris divaricata.... by any chance, may I be so bold as to request some of your Jerusalem Artichoke?

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Sue (Lily)

PS.. I have found a new addiction in raising, showing and selling rabbits.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily's Rabbit Hole

• terryboc
    16 years ago

Annie,
    The valarian I have is the tall garden heliotrope (I may have even got it from you several years ago).

• lilysgarden
    16 years ago

It was so nice to see everyone on Saturday... and what a gorgeous day we had! Lunch was simply incredible... everything was so delicious! Annie... you make a mean French Onion Soup... just awesome!

Thank you so much for your hospitality and kindness Annie. I hope to see everyone again in the Fall... that is, if you plan on continuing with this wonderful event as you have for many years...

Oh yeah, if I forgot to give anyone a plant label for the things that I brought... here is a list of the plants...

Cryptotaenia japonica 'Atropurpurea'
    Caryopteris divaricata (nepalensis)
    Perilla frutescens - purple
    Impatiens (?) Fuschia/purple w/white blossom (very tall)

Here is a link that might be useful: Caryopteris divaricata