Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

have: nh plant swap date change

annie_nh
17 years ago

I've changed the date to June 4th.

We had downpours last night and floding and it looks like we are in for heavy rain today and tomorrow.

Hopefully Sunday will be better. Let me know if you can still make it.

Annie

Comments (28)

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I can't make Sunday; my son races go-karts on Sundays.

• gata
    17 years ago

I can't make it on the 4th. Can't we reschedule for the 10th?

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

Sorry all, I can't make it either - I have prior commitments.

Thank you Annie for organizing this and keeping us all up to date!

mmqchdygg - I used to race go karts when I was younger. My Father, my Brother and I would got to one of several tracks every week-end. Those are, with out exception, the best memories I have with my Father... ...then I turned into a punk teenager and wanted to spend time with my friends instead of my Father. I wish I could take that back!! Any way, enjoy the time.

Greg

• terryboc
    17 years ago

I'm still in!

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

We are too!

Greg-I just sent you a long email. Sorry, I sent it before I checked the thread againg.

Gata, I am so sad. I will stick the Jupiters Beard back in the ground until next time then.

MMQCHDYGG, you mean we can't share the cart again? You know PJ will be lugging it (never go to a plant event without it).

Wendi

• deirdre13
    17 years ago

I won't be able to make it Sunday,it's too late to change my work schedule. The 10th would be better for me also, but if not, i'll see you in the fall.
    Deirdre

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

I am going to cry. I am out now too. Unfortunately I didn't consult with the DH and sure enough we have a conflict.

The 10th works for us also, and if not, like Deirdre, I (we) will definately see all of you in the Fall.

Wendi

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

The 10th works for me. If we do the 10th, I'm in. If not then I will keep the fall in mind.

• dave5b
    17 years ago

I'm still in, and also could do the 10th.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay guys

Here's the deal. I'll have the plant swap both days, June 4 and June 10. Pick your day or come both days. That way I will get to see most of you. Please spread the word.
    Annie

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We will be there for the 10th. Keep your fingers crossed for the sun to be shining on that day. Annie this is so nice of you! Hope to see you all soon!

Wendi

• deirdre13
    17 years ago

Piera and I will both be able to attend on the 10th. Annie, please don't put yourself out for the second swap. Exchanging plants, and the company of other gardeners is all that is required.
    Deirdre

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I think I'm good for the 10th, too. Great!

• nhdennis
    17 years ago

Annie,

Thank you so much for being so flexable. Amy and I can make it on the 10th also. I cant believe how wet it has been so far this year.

Did Mountain road get flooded out again? I haven't been that way this week. (but I hear a Lowes trip is in store for this afternoon, Yeah...)

Dennis

• ljjennings
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Molly and I will be there on the 10th, and look foward to seeing everyone and hoping it's a beautiful day!

Lyn

• gata
    17 years ago

Yes, let's all keep our fingers crossed for good weather.
    Thanks so much Annie!

• terryboc
    17 years ago

It looks like it will still be raining tomorrow. If it is, then I'll be there on the 10th and not tomorrow.
    See you then.

• hipchick
    17 years ago

I couldn't make it this weekend but I think I can make the 10th YAYYYYYYY....what do you need from me (list?) and where can I find the specifics (time, address, etc)

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Oh yeah, time...is it 9am or 10am? I forget.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The time of the swap ( part 2) is Sat. June 10 at 10am

• gata
    17 years ago

Does anyone want tansy, fernleaf tansy (not quite as invasive) or rose campion (seedlings)?
    Gata

• gregory2327
    17 years ago

Is it bad form to bring bare root plants to a swap? I dug up my hostas yesterday and cleaned their roots a little. In doing so they all came apart into individual eyes. So now I have about 100 hosta to pot!! A shortage of non-rainy time as well as potting soil is a little bit of a problem, but could be overcome if needed.

When hosta are ordered and shipped they come bare root, with the roots wrapped in moist paper towels. They can thrive in pots of water for a couple weeks at least. So would it be bad form to bring my hosta as bare root (either wrapped in moist paper towels or in water) and let people take them home that way? If you were interested in taking some of my hostas let me hear your honest thoughts please.

• gata
    17 years ago

Gregory,
    It is FINE to bring the hostas bare root. I don't think anyone would expect you to pot up all those hostas!! I plan on bringing several daylilies bareroot. They too are shipped bare root.

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Gregory,

I agree 100% with gata, especially with what has been happening with this awful weather. Pots are nice but 100 hostas to pot up? How would you fit all of those in your vehicle if they were potted up? Heck, I will be bringing a bunch of "recycled" pots to the Swap and if anyone really wants theirs potted they can gladly take one ;).

Wendi

• peoniesaremyfave
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday. I am having a small problem with my email (friend has absolutely filled my poor email box thinking she was funny), so I need to hear from everyone if I have promised anything specific to anyone. The only one that I truly remember is Gata.

So please list here what you would like from me here and I will pot it up tonight (even if it is raining, at this point I do not care anymore).

Wendi

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Greg-
    Another 2¢ on don't-worry-about-the-bare-root-hosta thing. When I had some that I couldn't get in the ground right away, I just tossed them in a water bucket until I could get them potted up. Hosta are a tough lot. Don't sweat it.

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just to let you know the plant swap is on for Sat. rain or shine!!!
    Annie

• hipchick
    17 years ago

Oh, I am so sad! I thought the 10th was sunday, I can't make it on saturday.

If by some chance you do change it to sunday LMK, I can come then.
    If anyone if coming through the newburyport area and would like to pick up some plants to bring on my behalf, please email me