Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trade/take Wisteria 7 yrs 7f T light for part-sun evergree

Posted by dirtonmyface MA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 11:33

Hi,
Have a Wisteria (purple blue) that is light because I trimmed it yearly. I bought it about 7 yrs ago and after waiting for years for it to bloom, I learned that it requires full sun! I don't have a full sun so it will not no matter where I move it--I was a beginner gardener at the time and was looking for the majestic looks that they have!
Looking for a couple or a combination of medium (about 4f T or 3f W )Malten Laurel, Hicks Yew, and/or pencil boxwood. In general, looking for evergreens that grow in part-sun.

If you don't have an evergreen to trade, but want the Wisteria anyway, let me know. I am re-planting a large area so I may still trade it for other plants.

Note: Wisterias require maturity for flowering and mine ready to pop.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trade/take Wisteria 7 yrs 7f T light for part-sun evergree

I am interested in your Wisteria, where are you located? I have several yews I want to get rid of! I'm not exactly sure if they are hicks yews but I can send you pictures if you like. I have some very large ones and smaller ones. If they are not what your looking for I also have lots of perennials.

I am in Andover, MA.

Thanks,
Sheila

o

Hi,
I am in Amesbury. I got this description from the web:'Hicks' yew (Taxus x media< 'Hicksii) is an upright, shade-tolerant shrub.

I made a mistake,too. The 'pencil' boxwood was meant to be "Sky Pencil" holly. I only have a small area where a couple of sky pencil hollies will do fine. I don't know how to edit my initial posting. Sorry.

Yes, pls email me pics/list of perenials you wish to trade.
I am so exited!

L.

o

Hi,
I made a photobucket album for you to look at, I couldn't find your e-mail so feel free to e-mail me from the link on my page.

I just took the pictures in the rain so keep that in mind they may appear dark. The yews I have grow in dense shade and any soil, they are currently in very sandy dry soil w/lots of shade and grow well despite the horrid conditions. Like I said some are smaller and some are really huge.

Here's the link to the album, just scroll down to view the pictures.

-Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: photos of plants

o

Hi Sheila,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Evertyhing I was planning to do halted after learning that my Kitty whom I've had for 14 years has cancer. For now, she is doing well; still being her old self and enjoying the sun and the anuals on the deck. About the Wisteria, it is yours when you are ready to get it.
L.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here