Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigdaddybondo

WANTED: Boston Area Swap

Firehouse Painting
17 years ago

I just wanted to thank Fran for offering her hospitality and home... I thought the swap was an astounding success.. (for me anyways)... it was great to put some faces with names. It was nice meeting everyone. And, for those who took my veggies, good luck I know they weren't in the best of shape but the tomatoes will bounce back... I'm sure??!!

Comments (8)

• littleonefb
    17 years ago

It was my pleasure to host the swap. I too thought it was an astounding success and lots of fun. Great to put names and faces together and have the time to talk about plants, gardens, gardening with people who are just as involved in it as we are.
    I'm sure those tomatoes will bounce back. All they need is some sun and I know it's up there somewhere.

Fran

• terrene
    17 years ago

Hi, I really enjoyed my first swap and meeting some other Gardenweb gardeners!

Thanks to you Fran for hosting the swap and for all the seedlings! LOVE all the cosmos and california poppies. And to everybody else I got plants from...I spent several hours in the garden yesterday afternoon planting most of them. :)

• ron48
    17 years ago

Fran, Thanks for another fine day. Its always nice to see old friends and make a few new ones.

Now we start thinking of the fall swap............does it ever end? I hope not!

Ron

• lise_b
    17 years ago

Yes, thank you, Fran, for hosting us, and for your many many healthy, happy looking seedlings!

I had a lovely time seeing people from last year and meeting new swappers. It didn't rain here all day yesterday, so I too am already putting things in the ground. I figure if I really work hard I'll be done by the time the rain starts again on Wednesday. :P

• mulchie
    17 years ago

Just as fun as I imagined!
    Thanks, Fran. I think we are all getting muddy knees out there in your honor.
    And thanks to everyone who gave me such wonderful plants!
    Fran, too. I will be planting those cosmos in a special spot.
    cheers all around,
    mulchie

• keighty
    17 years ago

I can't agree more. Was nice to be with like minds. Time to rip out more grass and enjoy the bounty.

• gardener12
    17 years ago

Ditto Here.
    Thank you very much for all the wonderful plants that all of you shared. I don't feel like I have a new garden now that I have some many wonderful plants.
    Fran thank you very very much for organising the swap and for your wonderful seedlings and my best wishes for your surgery and speedy recovery.

Happy planting.
    -prats

• starbird
    17 years ago

Fran - Thank you very much for hosting the swap and all your healthy seedlings. I had a great time. It was so nice to see old friends and meet new gardeners. Thank all for making it so much fun.

PS. Fran good luck with the surgery wish you speedy recovery.

Marie,Adam123,Chelone - I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the swap. Hope all is well and hopefully I will see you all in the fall.

Happy Gardening,
    Starbird