Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reminder: plant swap in Lexington MA 6/25

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 05 at 22:07

Hi Everyone,
A reminder that there is a plant swap in Lexington, MA next Saturday, June 25. The address is 56 Allen Street, Lexington.
We'll begin to gather at 9 am, nosh and socialize and look at our offerings. Any kind of garden stuff is acceptable: seeds, tools, ornaments....

The swap itself begins at 10 am, and we'll go till we are finished.

It will not rain. it will not be 90 degrees.

New gardeners, owners of empty gardens welcome. Your admission 'ticket' is a something to eat or drink, and your fresh energy and eagerness to learn.

Everyone, bring something edible or drinkable to share.

I'VE LOST TRACK OF ANY IDEAS WE HAD FOR A SYSTEM. MAKE A PROPOSAL, AND IF IT LOOKS OK, WE'LL USE IT. You don't need my approval, because that's not my role.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reminder: plant swap in Lexington MA 6/25

Hi, I still have to work. 8-4 :^(((
Ida, could I drop off a few things if people want them and maybe stop by at 4:30 or 5 to see if there is anything left, or to help clean up?

Would anyone be bringing any grass clumps? I am looking for something in the 5-8 foot range (plumbs too if you got). I see some people are bringing Sweet Woodruff, Bee Balm and Comfrey....ohhh :^O

If there is anyone that would like something on my trade list, I could drop it off before the meeting for you with your name on it. I will check back here, but you might want to e-mail me to make sure... thedowcetts@comcast.net

ALSO, I have Frontline+ for Dogs or cats (I work at animal hospital, and get only the best) That I could trade one or two month doses for trade if I do not have anything on your list. I have a lot of the 89-132 lbs doses as I have Great Danes

o
RE: reminder: plant swap in Lexington MA 6/25

Does anyone want an alpine (?) strawberry plant? I don't think it's an ornamental, but the berries are just mushy and not very tasty at all. It's pretty, but my yard is too small for plants that aren't really all that exciting to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here