Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontheteam

Update on Charity Plant sale!

ontheteam
13 years ago

That's the begging letter...if it moves you to help me and you need hard copies please let me know.

I am putting the blog link on the bottom and that has an example of the press release a major Hort group asked me to write to they can encourage their members to help....

I am planning a charity plant sale to benefit Children�s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals in support of Children's Hospital Boston (see enclosed) to be held this May 2011 . I would like your assistance.

I successfully facilitated a small-scale plant sale May 2010 and raised $10,500.00. I hope to raise $20,000 in 2011.

I am asking for your support in donating:

Any plant material such as Aloe Vera plants, African Violets, and more common seasonal annuls and perennials

propagation supplies (seeds, light carts, trays, plug cells, starting mix, plant tags, fertilizer, seed mats, etc)

Any staff that would like to spend a few hours sharing their knowledge of plants at the sale; monetary donations were always greater when a green-thumb was on hand to advise. Volunteers will receive a one day shopping pass to Costco Avon.

Any other items you think would be helpful in this endeavor would be welcome as well.

Costco Avon will provide one extra large CMN Hospitals Sponsorship Poster with your business information posted in a prominent location for any donation worth $500 at retail.

The 6 Costco locations in MA and NH, partnering with the CMN Hospitals, raised over $147,000 for Children 's Hospital Boston in 2010. Please join us in helping a great cause that has tremendous impact on the lives of so many local children and families.

This request can be validated by contacting Shannon Collins (Warehouse Manager) or Eric DeSatnick (Marketing Manager) at Costco Avon, 508-232-4001.

For any other questions, or to coordinate a donation, you may contact me (or my husband Aaron) directly.

Michelle Tarver

crazyplantladyTHISISTOENDSPAMBOTS@aarontarver.org

If you want to email me take out the caps

Here is a link that might be useful: Blong link to my 1st press relase.!