Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharbear50_gw

Show me your snow pictures

sharbear50
13 years ago

I am trying to remember the snow. Been living in Florida for the past 20+ years but moving to Connecticut in a month or so. Looks like a Blizzard coming your way. Stay safe everyone.

Comments (10)

• mskee
    13 years ago

OK, sharbear50, here's a shot from this morning's storm, which I also posted on the "mobile features" thread.

The lump in the foreground is my patio dining table, there is already more than 2 feet of snow on the ground, and we are expecting about a foot more from this newest storm. I'm in Western MA, just north of the CT border. Winters aren't always this dramatic here--it's been a record-breaking January!

Emily

• pixie_lou
    13 years ago

If you look on the "Enough Snow Already" thread, you'll find pictures of my mailbox.

Here is my daughters play area in the side yard. On the lelft is her Dome Climber, which she covered with fallen pine branches to make a snow fort. The dome climber normally stands about 6' tall. To the right is her trampoline. The snow is pretty much up to her trampoline bed (which we remove in winter).

Here is our maple tree in the back yard, with the bird feeders. 2 of the feeders are buried in the snow. The only accessible feeder is the suet bag. In one of our earliest storms, we had lots of heavy snow and ice, which weighted the tree branches down. This particular branch then froze into the snow below.

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

---I am trying to remember the snow.----

I suspect it will come right back to you, sharbear, just like riding a bike, for better or worse, depending on how much you like(d) the white stuff.

• pixie_lou
    13 years ago

My daughter woke me up this morning saying "Mom, look outside, it's a winter wonderland". And it truly was!

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

That's a beautiful photograph, Pixie. A wonderland it certainly is.

• bill_ri_z6b
    13 years ago

Yes.............a wonderland indeed! It sure make me wonder why I still live here! Kidding of course......it can be a beautiful thing, but I can't handle all the shoveling anymore, and the cold bothers me now. I could enjoy spending winter in a warm climate seeing flowers and trees in bloom. I would sit out on my patio with the laptop and look at snow pics here on the NE forum! Still able to see the beauty without the mess. I think we all agree though, that fresh-fallen snow may be beautiful, but two-week-old plowed, dirty snow is just plain ugly! But I've been here in NE for all of my 64 years so I suppose I'm not going anywhere. And anyway, spring is on the way!

• sharbear50
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing with me. I am still in Florida but soon will be in Connecticut. I haven't seen snow for over 20 years. Very pretty indeed.

• sharbear50
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again for the snow pictures. I am finally settled in Windsor, Connecticut, actually got here end of March. We saw 3 snows since being here.
    I never dreamed I would have such a hard time with this move. Movers lost stuff, car transporter damaged my car, bedroom furniture (King size) wouldn't fit up the stairs of our townhouse, can't find a job. Thank God my husband found work! I am trying to be optimistic...but it is hard.
    After living in Florida for over 20 years, this is HARD!

• terrene
    12 years ago

Sharbear, sorry to hear of all those pesky problems with your move. I would imagine it is a culture shock to move to the New England climate with its 4 seasons from 20 yrs in Florida! 8-O

The change of seasons can be really lovely, but I do NOT like winters like this past one, if I never live through a winter like that again, I will be grateful. At least you came late enough to miss it. The upside is the summers are usually pretty nice (last year being too dry), it doesn't get as hot and the evenings generally cool down and are pleasant.

Enjoy your Spring and I hope you find a job and things get settled more smoothly.

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Welcome to the Nutmeg State sharbear50!! We're glad you survived the move trauma and hope things go smoother from here on. I work in Windsor but live just a couple miles south of the Massachusetts state line. This past winter was one for the record books:

Snowmaggedon

{{gwi:359899}}

{{gwi:359895}}

{{gwi:359896}}

{{gwi:359897}}

The yardstick shows how much snow accumulated on my front lawn--this wasn't piled up by the snowplow.
    {{gwi:194690}}