Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2014 New England Plant Swap

Posted by lrobinson 6 (lancerobinson@comcast.net) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 14:28

The New England Plant Swap just keeps getting bigger...and better. On May 31, 2014, at 9 am, gardeners from around New England will again convene at beautiful Adams Farm in Walpole to share gardening successes with new friends and neighbors.

The rules are simple: for each plant you bring to swap you can take another comparable plant. The more you bring, the more you can take. It's rain or shine (the main swapping area is covered). The people are friendly and knowledgeable, and dogs are welcome! At the end of the swap, those that didn't have plants to bring (or want more than they brought) are welcome to help themselves to the remaining plants. Perhaps most importantly, it's completely free--even the coffee and the parking.

For more information, visit our official web site at NewEnglandPlantSwap.org, email us at info@newenglandplantswap.org or give us a call at 508.507.9629

Here is a link that might be useful: New England Plant Swap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2014 New England Plant Swap

Last year was great - good turnout and lots of different plants to pick from. Count me in again!
Sheila

o

Here's what I'm bringing.

1 large red astilbe
1 large Lady's Mantle
hostas
Penstemon "Husker's Red"
Black-eyed Susan
Irish Eyes Rudbeckia
Blanket Flower
Heuchera
Painted Daisy
Blackberry Lily
Lance Leaf Coreopsis
Siberian Iris
Columbine

Also, might have some wintersown seedlings.

I'm looking forward to the 31st!

o

Is the plant swap on for this Saturday?
I had such a good time last year, as a new gardener I met so many kind and helpful people - and have some great plants as a result!!! sitting at my desk I even have an African Violet that someone brought - that was one leaf in a pot - and now it is a dozen leaves and growing!

I am recruiting a few other excellent gardeners with varied plants - but not sure what plants I can bring - other than Sweet William in hot pink and lambs ear and a bleeding heart volunteer.I think I have pinks if they weren't totally eaten by the bunny that seemed to eat everything....

Hope to see everyone (someone!)bon Saturday!

o

Hello - long time lurker but I had to join to say I am looking forward to the swap. I am a newbie gardener and hoping to meet others and contribute where I can. Unfortunately my selection may be boring but I hope to have more to offer next year.

o

I'm bringing:
Chamomile
Skullcap
Pennyroyal
Beebalm

I can bring wormwood and lemonbalm if anyone wants.

I'm hoping to find chives, marshmallow, horehound, gooseberry--anything edible!

o

My dill plant self seeded like crazy so I'll be bringing lots of little dill plants.

o

Thanks, everyone, for a VERY SUCCESSFUL 2014 New England Plant Swap. I'll post some pictures soon! It was a blast and so great seeing everyone. I think everyone took home some GREAT plants.

Tentative date for 2015 New England Plant Swap is May 30, 2015! Check the website for details!

http://www.NewEnglandPlantswap.org

Here is a link that might be useful: New England Plantswap

o

Here are some pics for the 2014 New England Plant Swap..... too much fun and (almost) too many plants....

Here is a link that might be useful: New England Plant Swap

o

Lance, thanks so much for organizing the Swap. It was even bigger and better than last year! I got some great plants that will help with my landscaping. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here