Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bristol County Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale

Posted by edlincoln 6A (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 18:40

Now is the time the Massachusetts County Conservation Districts start to announce their plant sales. You can get some cheap bare root plants. The Bristol County Conservation District has a March 19 deadline to order your plants and you have to pick them up May 3. They sell such hard to find plants as Beach Plum, Cape American Beach Grass, and American Persimmon.

I found out about this just a little too late last year.

If you have any details about plant sales in other counties, post them here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bristol County Conservation District Annual Tree & Shrub Sale

This post was edited by edlincoln on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 12:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bristol County Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale

middlesex county is having one as well.

and worcester too!

http://www.worcesterconservation.org/seedling-sale-15.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Middlesex Plant sale 2014

This post was edited by paul_cronin on Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 11:00

o

Thread for Hampshire and Hampden county sales

Here is a link that might be useful: Hampshire and Hamden counties

o

Just perusing these sales. The Middlesex one has really great plants offered. The Worcester one, not so much. Middlesex has a daylily called Heavenly Angel Ice for $10. I can tell you I paid a lot more than that for my plant. It also just won the 2014 Stout Medal by the Daylily Society. Their Hosta plants were great as well. Rainforest Sunrise is the 2014 Hosta of the Year, a beautiful small gold with a green edge (pictured bellow). Good stuff at decent prices.

Steve

o

The Middlesex County sale is sort of a general-purpose flower sale. The Bristol County and (in the past) the Plymouth County sales had some hard-to-find natives and plants for erosion control. Great deals on Beach Plum, and I had been looking for American Beach Grass. Too bad they don't seem to have Paw Paw like last year.

o

I have tried and tried to find where to order plants from the Bristol County sale with no luck. Does any one have a link?

o

There is a clickable link in the top post. Just worked for me.

o

in CT, North Central Conservation District sales deadline is March 27, pickup in Tolland or Bloomfield mid-April.

I haven't gotten info from NW district yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: North Central (CT) Conservation District Plant Sale

o
RE: NW CT Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale

Found it online - deadline April 9, pickup in Goshen April 25-27.

I got 6 blueberry plants from them a couple of years ago - still have to produce anything (though we did have a torrential rainstorm right after we got them home, followed by a freeze). The Triple Crown blackberry, Encore and Killarney raspberry types we got have spread quite a bit, got some raspberries last year, only a few blackberries but canes looked very nice, if they survived this winter I expect a much larger crop.

Note that the N. Central order form does not state what varieties of blueberries are included in the 3-pack, they are in 1-gal containers, the NW order form has 2-gal plants (same as I bought) for about $8 more per order (no volume discount).

They have changed the raspberries this year, and no blackberries available.

I'm thinking about asparagus - has anyone grown Millennium? How is it? Is $26 for 25 bare root plants a good price?

Here is a link that might be useful: NW (CT) Conservation 2014 Plant Sale

o

That is a link to an article not to an order form...unless I am missing something

o

Duh found the email address in the article....

o

ontheteam, Unfortunately you can't order for the Bristol Plant Sale online. You can call 508-990-2854 or email sguiducci10 @ gmail.com

You have to submit your order by March 19. Plant pickup is May 3.

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:12

It's not a Conservation District sale, but Mass Audubon is having a Native Plant Sale on Sunday, June 8, 10 AM to 2 PM, at the North River Wildlife Sanctuary in Marshfield, MA.

Claire

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 11:07

Also not a Conservation District sale, but Holly Hill Farm in Cohasset, MA has three plant sales coming up, April 26, May 17 & 18, and May 24 & 25. They're offering Certified Organic plants as well as some berry plants.

Claire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here