Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blizzard 2013 (begin thread here)

Posted by carol6ma_7ari zones 6 and 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 20:26

How 'bout this snow and wind!!? It is howling across the roof, visibility is down so low that I can barely see the street light 100 ft. away, but at least it doesn't feel terribly cold. I hope you're all inside perusing garden catalogues---

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blizzard 2013 (begin thread here)

We might have less than a foot here just north of Concord NH. It's still snowing but hard to tell since it's just getting light out. I can see the plastic high tunnel (with peaked roof) is still standing (love being able to pick spinach and beet greens this time of year). Still need to order fertilizers and seed potatoes but garden seeds are ordered and will be here soon.

It's cozy at our house since we heat with wood and the power is still on. Yesterday afternoon when we were glued to the computer monitor to watch live feed from an off-road race in CA, a small flock of turkeys flew past with about 3 veering off to roost in the tall pine behind the house. Another flock was still in the field waiting to take turns flying up into the pines along the west side of the field. We don't usually see the flock flying together like that.

o

Oops, sorry; didn't realize someone else had posted a separate earlier thread called "Storm Nemo". So let's ignore my thread and post all together on the other one. Although so far it seems to be more about baking than about shoveling--

Carol (who can't open storm door to get out because of all the snow against the outside)

o

Maybe we should cross-reference the two threads. Here's the link to the other one:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/neweng/msg021728375626.html?15

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here