Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asarum_gw

Trade Secrets Show in Sharon, CT?

asarum
13 years ago

Has anyone been to this? I haven't been, but am considering going this year. I forget how I found out about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade Secrets

Comments (4)

• bebebzzz
    13 years ago

Been there - definitely worth it!

• amysrq
    13 years ago

I have worked the show for the last two years. It is small, but the vendors are hand-selected and generally excellent. From an "insiders" point of view, it feels like the goal is to bring the very best stuff for a discerning clientele. Plant material is not only high quality but also unusual. Trade Secrets also benefits a wonderful organization that supports victims of domestic violence -- Women's Support Services.

There is a woman who sells vegetable starts that are just fantastic -- huge range of tomatoes! The antiques are yummy, but the stuff of fantasy for me. The herb guy has everything you could ask for and there is another plantsman from Maine who does some lovely topiaries with muehlenbeckia. One guy from my neck of the woods has an exquisite collection of lady slippers and his booth is always mobbed from the start. They tend to sell out early.

There is a fair bit of celebrity spotting, as well. Bunny Williams is always there and always incredibly gracious. Last year, I helped Martha (yes, that Martha!) with her purchases and chatted with her about her actinidia. We were also paid a visit by Margaret Roach of A Way to Garden. The people watching is great fun and the surrounding countryside and small towns are gorgeous.

If you can stay for the garden tours, it is a fun day. The gardens last year were a mixed bag for me with the highlight being Bunny Williams' garden. I am a fan and was thrilled to see her well-documented home and gardens in person. I have a picture of me posing on her front lawn with one of her dogs. :-)

• scpearson
    13 years ago

This sounds so interesting... anyone can go?
    When is it?
    Susan

• asarum
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Susan! See the link above. The sale is May 14 and the regular tickets seems to be $35. I bet Martha buys an early bird ticket for $100.