Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

Rhode Island Plant Swap June 14, 2009

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Hi Everyone, we will be doing a plant swap in Bristol, Ri on June 14 2009. PLEASE save the date !!

Suecirish and I are planning this swap together, and she has set up a webpage. She will be on later tonight, with the link.

I just wanted to get this posted, so everyone can save the date !!

This will be a plant swap/picnic lunch...we hope you will join us !

Anyone and everyone is invited !!

More info to come !!

Comments (21)

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Hello to all, Kym and I are just firming up the details of our first live Plant Swap. We really would like to establish an informal network of gardeners in the Rhode Island - Mass. South Coast area. We are very much looking forward to hosting the event, and hope you can join us.

The link below will take you to our "Southern New England Garden Buds" website. Take a look around and leave a message to let us know you were there. This is where we will keep everyone up to date on the swap details.

Here is a link that might be useful: SNE Garden Buds

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I would like to invite ANYONE to come to the swap...we will be doing a picnic lunch. Please bring a covered dish. My hubby will be cooking on the grill, and I have a huge yard, for us all to mingle and get to know each other.

I will be putting together door prizes !!

ALso, feel free to bring left over seeds...we can do an informal seed exchange also. I will have many seeds, for anyone that would like them.

DO you wintersow ??? IF so, we will be exchanging sprouts too, so feel free to include them.

Arrival time, and any other info you need is on the site Sue set up, so PLEASE stop by the site, and let us know if you are interested in joining us for a day filled with flowers, friends, and tons of fun !!

I am looking forward to meeting you all !

always

Kym
    flwrs4ever

and SUE
    suecirish

• diggingthedirt
    15 years ago

It looks like a lot of fun! I hope I'll be able to come; my work schedule is not looking good for June, and I think I'll probably be at sea. If I'm here, I'm there.

Thanks!
    -DtD

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

DtD,

I was hopeful to get to see you again. If you are at sea, you will be missed. Have a safe trip !

Flwrs

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Are all the gardeners in Rhode Island and SE Mass. still hibernating?

It's time to wake up and start thinking about the Plant Swap. Right now I've got some Golden Clematis seedlings and about 35 Dragon Wing Begonia seedlings that should be just the right size for a trade by mid-June. Does that tickle anyone's fancy?

You can trade anything at our swap - perennials, annuals, tropicals, indoor plants, vegetables, shrubs. If you've got extra there will probably be sometone who will want it. We can also include seeds and bulbs. Since this is our first get-together for the area, everything is open.

So give us a holler, we'd love to hear from you. Visit the website for more information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern New England Garden Buds

• tangerine_z6
    15 years ago

It's 33 degrees out and I would love to meet local RI gardeners! This is my second gardening season at my house and I may only be able to bring seeds and a few rooted coleus, but I hope to come. Currently I am scheduled to work June 14th but may be able to get it off. I greatly regret that I did not winter sow this year as it produces such a large number and/or variety of plants so easily. Hope to see you in June.

Julie

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Julie, We would love to have you join us. We certainly anticipate that this will be a first time swap for a lot of our local gardeners. Whatever you can bring will be most welcome. Kym and I have lots of extra, so there will be plenty for everyone! I look forward to meeting you.
    Sue

• suecirish
    15 years ago

BUMP!
    Waiting to hear from more RI and SE MA neighbor gardeners. We have a good group forming already. Come join us!

• suecirish
    15 years ago

The plants in my yard are finally starting to pop, and I can see that there are several that are going to need dividing. This the perfect opportunity for a local swap.
    Variegated Loosestrife, 'Alexander'
    Monarda didyma (Bee Balm) standard red, 'Blue Stocking', 'Grand Parade'
    Achillea (Yarrow) - lots of colors
    and much more...
    There's always something tempting, don't ya think?

What do you have that's getting a little too big and is ready to trade?

Contact me suecirish or Kym flwrs4ever... we'd love to see you at the plant swap in June.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern New England Garden Buds

• pondlily
    15 years ago

I'm hoping I can go, it sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't been to a swap in few years. I live in CT, but we have plans the weekend of the CT swap!I don't know what I have to divide yet, I'm just getting started in my gardens. I know I have a lot of empty spots in a new shade bed.;)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pondlily, it will be great to have you !

Julie, come with what you can, I am sure I will have a few things you might like to take home !

I would like to extend a warm welcome to ANYONE that would like to attend ! Sue and I are really hoping to form a "network" of gardeners, that may like to do some additional activities together during the year...like a garden tour, or visiting each other and doing plant and seed sharing.

• floral_euphoria
    14 years ago

Sounds like a lovely event! I seldom see plant swaps in RI. I'll make a note of the date and will come if I can.

• lschibley
    14 years ago

I hope to make this swap, but I won't know for sure until we are closer. My grandmother lives (and gardens) in Barrington, so I am hoping to combine this with a visit with her. If I can make it, I can bring:

Black-eyed susan (Perhaps Rudbeckia hirta 'Indian Summer')
    Clethra alnifolia - Summersweet
    Chocolate Chip Ajuga
    White Creeping Phlox
    Unknown red Beebalm
    Phlox maculata (Wild Sweet William) - pink

Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, just wanted to extend an invitation to our swap ! We will be doing a pot luck lunch, I have a HUGE yard, we can all relax, and share information...and enjoy getting to know one another.

I have gotten a good response, so I beleive there will be lots of laughs, and nice plants to adopt.

Please email Sue, or I and let us know you will be attending, as I am putting together some FUN..and knowing you are coming will help greatly !

Feel free to bring a friend..and any questions feel free to email me.

We ask that you bring a covered dish, your plants well marked, and seeds if youd like to swap. Your great personality, and knowledge is good too..lol

Looking forward to meeting you , even if I am not busy on this forum, I am very active on GW.

Thanks for your interest,

Kym and Sue

• suecirish
    14 years ago

We have heard from many folks about the swap, so it sounds like we will have a nice sized group. So far about 10-12 have confirmed. And it sounds like we will have a nice array of plants to choose from.

Don't miss out! We hope to see you there!

• lschibley
    14 years ago

Hi I am bumping this up. I'm reading about Whitegarden's swap and getting so jealous then remembering I think I can make this swap!

DtD will you be able to make it?

Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa, we look forward to meeting you ! I have been spreading the word, and looks like we will have a great time !

The last I heard from DtD , she was to be out on a ship over this time, she will really be missed. I have a plant Id love to show her in my garden that is as tall as my house now from her.

I would like to extend a warm welcome to everyone ~ We have many local gardeners coming, and will be having door prizes, and a bring a dish lunch. My hubby is going to cook on the grill, and I plan to make some home made cookies.

Please let us know by email if you are plannin on attending, so we can make sure we have enough prizes, and other needed items.

Looking forward to meeting you all !

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that this swap is going to be GREAT..It looks like we have about 20 people interested, so PLEASE RSVP by email by Sunday June 7th.

Please email me at krykym@fullchannel.net for directions, and my address.

REMEMBER, to bring a pot luck dish , seeds, seedlings, plants...and your fun spirit. ( any or all is fine :))

There will be door prizes, and great conversation.

thanks for your interest in the swap, and we will see you there !!!

• tangerine_z6
    14 years ago

Hello flwrs...rsvp coming your way!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey everyone, 3 days left...why not come and join the fun ?? I have some great gifts ready, we will all be eating a lunch, and sharing plants, seedlings, seeds and lots of fun and laughs !!

IF your interested, drop me an email !

Looking forward to Sunday !!

Kym and Sue

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ok yes it is raining, but we are being optimistic...so please still come, we will be inside if needed...

WHOO HOOO !!