Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truly GREAT Garden to Visit May 11/12 Only

Posted by arbo_retum z5 ,WinchstrMA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 2:53

hi all,
just fyi, one of the greatest gardens I have EVER seen in the u.s.-is having its Garden Conservancy Open Days this May 11 and 12, in case you can spread the word to your garden club members/gardening friends. They only open a few days a year and it is an extraordinary place:

www.sakonnetgarden.com
This is a true 'garden journey' experience. We spent the entire day there discovering it last year. They also have the best of rare plant vendors selling plants there for the wkend.

Hope some of youall will go, and post about it.
best,
mindy
www.cottonarboretum.com

Here is a link that might be useful: sakonnet garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truly GREAT Garden to Visit May 11/12 Only

Sakonnet Gardens is really wonderful! We live in this town and have gotten inspiration from their ideas and efforts.

Carol

o

I never knew about this garden, but it definitely appeals to my interests! I like to try unusual plants, and to push the zone a bit so this would be great to see. But I will be away on those two dates, so I wonder if they are open for visits at any other time?

Photobucket

o

Oh my, thank you so much for posting this. I'm in Newport and didn't even know it existed. I'll be going for sure!

o

Wow! Looks really wonderful - the photos are amazing. Thanks, Mindy!

o

Here's a link to some photos along with their comments for those of us who can't make it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sakonnet Garden photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here