Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

HGTV Green Home Plymouth

runktrun
14 years ago

I know this project has initiated some pretty spirited conversations on gardening blogs particularly in terms of how truly green is green, but there are a couple of things HGTV did that impressed me. However my impressions have been limited to a few on-line photos and videos so I am calling out to Claire, Lisa, and anyone else who might be able to contribute some additional insight to this project.

What impressed me the most is it appears they used a lot if not all local contractors, designers, shops, ect., so I would be very interested to know if that is correct. The landscape designer was Bill Wennerberg is he local does anyone know any of his other work? Other than a few captions under a photo or two I didnÂt really hear much mentioned in terms of the landscape, there seems to be more focus on the outdoor kitchen (which is pretty cool).

I will admit that I am a girl who likes pretty things and there are many pretty things about this home but I am surprised that a green home in New England did not seem include any type of alternative energy and the over all design of the house multiple roof lines and angles, fireplace chimney on the exterior, and a lot of glass.

So what do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: HGTV Green Home

Comments (2)