Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Annie's NH June swap

Posted by blaketaylore (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 12:01

Hello Everyone

Annie will be having her annual swap the second sunday in June. The swap will begin at 10 A.M

Please bring something for the morning coffee, and the pot luck lunch.

Please think about listing what you will be bringing to trade, and a list plants that you are
looking for. But you can also just surprise us all!

Looking forward to seeing you all there

All are welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Annie's NH June swap

This is Anne's daughter Becky. I will be helping her out with her plant swaps this year. If anyone needs the address please let me know.

o

Becky, thanks for all the hard work that Anne and your family does for this. It's a wonderful event. I'm looking forward to it.

o

Hi Annie and Becky,
REALLY looking forward to your/our swap this year. Winter
has carried on much too long for my taste and with spring teasing us mercilessly, I'm in agony to see/talk/visit with gardening friends. We'll be in Vermont on the 8th, but looking forward to seeing y'all on our way back on the 9th. I'll have to pack up everything in advance, but I've done it before... Will post again to tell what I've got. I already know now that I'll have some Miller's Crimson Japanese primula and folks that have received them in the past really like 'em. I hope the photo I uploaded shows them...
Debra

o

Hi all,
This is Deirdre posting under Piera's name. We: Piera, Deirdre, and Diane are all looking forward to attending. Not sure what we'll bring, we'll post that later. Just know that we are all looking forward to seeing everyone again.
If there is anything we can do to make this swap any easier on Annie, and all others responsible for the lovely time we always have, please let us know.We realize this swap takes alot of effort, and would like to be of help.
Let us know.

o

We'll be there with bells on!

I will have quite a bit to share. Lots of mature plants all of a sudden. Debra, I would love some of that primula. I have just the spot for it!

WG

o

Hi Debra,

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time the weekend of June 9. Vermont is always so beautiful.

If you could put aside a Miller's Crimson Japanese primula for me, that would be good. Is there anything in particular you are looking for this season?

I am still watching things pop through the ground, so I am not sure yet what I will be bringing, but I love it when people say what they would like so I can keep an eye open in my yard for what they might be looking for.

Mostly I am looking for the usual: hostas, day lillies, jacaob ladder, and lady's mantle.

I do have a small forsythia bush that is a year old if anyone is interested.

o

WhiteGarden and BlakeT, I've got a primula with your name on it and probably a couple babies in with it, to eventually make a patch. Takes a couple years, but what the heck else are ya doing? (only kiddin, I know you're busy). Even the babies bloom the first year and you have the lovely green foliage all summer. Some even re-bloom! They do need a wet spot if you've got one. Save something nice for me out of your things, and I'll appreciate it. Talk soon. (Annie, I'll bring one for you too if you'd like another...)

o

Thanks,Debra and I have the perfect spot for them in a bed I have been working on this spring! I will set aside a surprise plant for you!

o

To all,
We have an area under our back stairway that is most always in shade and depressingly bare. I was thinking that maybe some pachysandra is the ticket. (or some other ground cover that takes tough conditions) Does anyone have any of this they would like to share? Also, any suggestions on what would cover this area nicely would be appreciated.

I may have one one-year old specimen of a viburnum tomentosum. It is a white-flowering shrub in spring, with red berries in the fall. Bird nirvana!

o

Blake, This is your lucky day. I just dug up TONS of lady's mantle and I'll tag it for you. Also have daylilies for you.

Not sure what else I'll have to bring yet. If anyone wants to come back to my garden after the swap, we can once again grab shovels and dig plants. I'll be potting up some hellebore seedlings. Parent is 'Metallic Blue something or other".....can't remember the exact name. Not sure if they seed true.

Deb , I think you gave me a primula last year and it's just getting ready to put out blooms. Can't wait to see it. Do you want "nice" plants for the back stairway? Do you see it well, or are you just looking to fill the space with green. I have European ginger that does well in dry shade and can possibly divide some epimedium (not sure how difficult that will be with tree roots).

o

I plan on coming for the first time this year. Without going to the garden I have to give away
old fashioned fragrant "lemon lily" "hyperion"
Groundcover geranium, bivoko, I believe and karmina
Groundcover geranium "Spessart" (I think it is wonderful, but some people cannot stand the smell of the leaves)
European Ginger (a particularly vigorous one...big leaves and fast grower)
Aster "Jin Dai" (very, very late)
Forsythia
pulmonaria "mrs. moon"
"dicentra candadensiS" (squirrel corn) spring ephemeral...and I do mean here today, gone tomorrow but back next year without fail)
I have more I'll list later

I would love dry shade groundcover: for a new woodland garden, such as
epimedium
sweet woodruff
Other var. of perennial geranium
shrubby groundcovers: cotoneaster,

spring wildflowers
esp. twin leaf, claytonia, vancouvier (sp)

o

I plan on coming for the first time this year. Without going to the garden in the middle of the night I know I have to give away:
old fashioned fragrant "lemon lily" "hyperion"
Groundcover geranium, bivoko, I believe and karmina
Groundcover geranium "Spessart" (I think it is wonderful, but some people cannot stand the smell of the leaves)
European Ginger (a particularly vigorous one...big leaves and fast grower)
Aster "Jin Dai" (very, very late)
Forsythia
pulmonaria "mrs. moon"
"dicentra candadensiS" (squirrel corn) spring ephemeral...and I do mean here today, gone tomorrow but back next year without fail)
I have more I'll list later

I would love dry shade groundcover: for a new woodland garden, such as
epimedium
sweet woodruff
Other var. of perennial geranium
shrubby groundcovers: cotoneaster,

spring wildflowers
esp. twin leaf, claytonia, vancouvier (sp)

Susan, may I have hellebore seedling

idabean/Marie

o

I'm stalled right now and about to be away until May 19. But, I think somebody gave me bloodroot at last year's swap and I'd like to thank them again. It's absolutely beautiful next to some daffodils. I should see the primrose from Debra pretty soon. My hostas and some other plants are slow this cold spring. A friend recently let me dig some plants. When I went to plant them I realized that what I thought were primroses might be some primroses and something very similar.

o

Hi All,
This sounds wonderful and I'd love to attend!!! Becky, can you email me the address? Littleredshed@gmail.com
THANKS!!!
Mindy

o

• Posted by gata z4 NH (My Page) on
    Sat, May 4, 13 at 19:32

Hi all, hoping to attend this year if health issues don't get in the way. So far I have already potted up red leafed hardy geraniums, chives, lemon balm, ground covering sedum thing, anyone for catnip? plus daylilies (hybrids, not roadside orange)

o

Gata,
I would LOVE some catnip and lemon balm! I have bearded irises, verigated grass (not sure of the name) and I have to look around the yard for more items to bring.

o

Hello All,

Still waiting for plants to pop up to see what I have an abundance of. Presently, If anyone needs Eygptain onions let me know, otherwise I will not be digging them up. They are a perenial onion. Kind of like fat chives and can be used the same way as chives, but they come up before . Great for that first spring soup! Look it up and if you think you will use it let me know and I will bring you one ot two. They multiply, but mostly just spead out where you plant them. I have had them in this one bed for a about ten years, and they just stay there.

I also have some white rugusa roses. or beach roses. The roots are strong, about seven years old. I love the rose hips that they produce, that I harvest every fall to make rose hip jam! I only have a couple to share, so if you want one let me know.

I usually have some herbs to share, but everything seems late coming up so I will list those later, but if you are looking for an herb, let me know and if I have extra I will share. I think I could divide some lovage if anyone is interested. I also think I can divide some cat mint.

I also have scarlet red rose campion

Thyme2dig, thanks for putting those items aside for me. They will have happy new beds to call home soon!

Gata, sending you lots of healing energy so you will get better and feel energized to attend the swap.

o

Hello All,

Sheila and I will be attending this year (I think Jen and Cindy will be joining us) Missed last Fall's swap (oh my aching back)

Have loads of Sub and Substance Hosta
Tall Phlox
Solomon's Seal
Assorted Bee Balm
Victoria Louise Poppies

If anyone wants Baptisia let me know and I'll dig some up-still checking around

Would love some catmint (mine never gets big enough because my cats wreck it every year)
Also would like some daylilies.

Not sure what I'll bring for our lunch but we'll think of something
See you all on the 9th
Marsha

o

Hi Marsha,

I will bring you some cat mint.

o

Wed, May 15, 13 at 20:05

Thanks for the healing thoughts, blaketaylore.

sasha-nh, I would love some of those VL Poppies. I have several varieties of daylily to bring.

littleredshed, I will put your name on catnip and lemonbalm for you.

Anyone want some valerian?

o

Greetings,
Just wanted to say that my mother (Ann Southmayd, Londonderry) and I (Lynn Burton, Goffstown) will be attending again this year. Looking forward to it !.
Lynn

o

Hello All

Does anyone have boxwood? I read that it is really easy to grow with cuttings so if you are pruning, I would even love the cuttings.

o

Hi Blake,
I have a small boxwood plant you can have. I'll set it aside for you.
:-) Mindy

o

Please email me the address of the swap. Thanks, Natalie

o

Hello everyone,

I have to miss the swap this spring! I am so disappointed, but I have already committed to another event that day. Have a great time, everyone, and I hope to see you in the fall.

Diane Raymond

o

Hi Annies daughter Becky! If you are keeping up with this thread would you send me an email please, yours isn't listed. Thanks, Kathie

o

Hi Becky,

My sister and I would love to attend. How can I get the address? My email is ldaigle@stroudwater.com We have lots of pulmonaria, some red cucumbers, perennial geraniums, false sunflowers, forsythia, woodland phlox, globe thistle, yellow scabiosa, heliopsis and more. I may have hostas: blue cadet, pineapple upside-down cake, blue mouse ears, halcyon and june. We may also have some papaver black swan. Other possibilities as the gardens wake up. We can't wait to attend!

o

Hi guys,

Well today it looks as though the cold drizzly windy weather may be behind us. Only in New England do you get temps ranging from 38 to in the 90's in one week! Sheesh. No wonder the plants are confused.

Plants I've got to trade: I've got several Miller's crimson primula japonica, some creeping jenny, some chocolate mint and one rooted viburnum tomentosum.

Welcome newname4me! We look forward to seeing you. You'll like this bunch. I'd like a piece of your papaver black swan. What would you like?

Does anyone plan on bringing some tomato plants that are just slicing beefsteak style? I can't find any six-packs left in the stores (too late already).

Thyme2edig, I'd love to try the ginger and/or epimedium under our stairs. Right now it's just plain black mulch under there, but looks better than debris. You can't really see it, but it is visible from our downstairs patio. Black mulch makes it into 'negative space', sometimes needed. How did your primula do? Would you like another?

Welcome Idabean. Hope you make your first swap in NH.
You and I talked online many years ago, but never met.

Sasha-NH - Glad to see you still have your sense of humor! May I try a S&S hosta, a small baptisia and if any left after your swaps a VL Poppy?

I'll be bringing sweet Italian sausage and cheeseburgers and buns to the swap! They'll be precooked so all we have to do is pop em in the microwave to heat em up.

Happy Gardening everyone! See you soon.
Debra

o

Deb, primula is beautiful! Would love another. I have it planted in front of a dwarf ninebark and the hot pink and chocolate color combo is really nice. I'll put those plants aside for you. If you want to come back after the swap, you can also poke around to see if there is anything else you might like.

Anyone else who wants to come over after the swap/lunch is welcome. Last year we had dug up lots of plants while folks were here.

o

Deb, primula is beautiful! Would love another. I have it planted in front of a dwarf ninebark and the hot pink and chocolate color combo is really nice. I'll put those plants aside for you. If you want to come back after the swap, you can also poke around to see if there is anything else you might like.

Anyone else who wants to come over after the swap/lunch is welcome. Last year we had dug up lots of plants while folks were here.

o

Morning all, really looking forward to this! Debra I'm heading to a small nursery this morning will check out the tomatoes, this would work great for me as 6 plants is more than I need!!!
Marsha I would love your poppy victoria louise and newname4me I would love your papaver black swan. Always looking for hens and chicks.
Okay so I can bring some lilies black beauty, landini (doesn't smell) and small bulbs of lily sargentae.
Have year old plants of echinacae green envy and double decker. Lots of daylilies most are named let me know what color and I'll do the best I can. Have shade plants jack in the pulpits, blood root, varigated solomon seal, blue eyed grass, yellow allium, columbine green apples and a native black couple different pink ones with white on them. Young ones that are suppose to be a yellow/lavendar.
I will bring some chicken salad sandwiches and something for dessert. Kathie

o

Hello!!! I would love to participate in the june swap. I would like to know what I need to do?

o

Hi! I'll be there as well. It's been a while tho, so I'll need the addy again.

debra- I have homestead tomatoes I grew from seed this year and I always start too many. Let me know if u want some. I also have cherry tomatoes.

Lynn- Hi! It will be so nice to see you again!

lol not sure exactly what I'll be bringing just yet, but I have a lot of stuff that needs to be thinned out some.

Marsha T

o

My email is awacsflygrl@gmail.com. I'm traveling from AZ to NH right now so I probably won't be checking this site until next Wednesday when I get to Anne's house.
Either email me at the above address or text me at (405)818-1904 and I'll send you the address..:

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

This post was edited by becky_scott on Thu, May 30, 13 at 16:08

o

newname4me, I would love one of your hostas. Is there something you are looking for that I might have?

This spring has been unexpectedly busy so I'm not sure what I'm bringing. I might have some tall white garden phlox.

Does anyone want lambs ears?

o

Hello All,

Littlered shed, thank you for putting the small boxwood aside for me. I hope I will have something that you will like.

Diane, you will be miss. Have fun, and we will see you at the fall swap!

Newname for me, I would love a June hosta

Sinbadsmom, I am always looking for daylillies. Do you have any double bloom ones? I am also looking for late bloomers.

lavenderpyly, all you have to do is show up around 9:30 as we start swapping at 10. You don't have to list what you are bringing. SOme do, many don't. You can also list what you are looking for as sometimes we don't always want to dig something up unless we know someone wants that specific plant, for me I am thinking lilly of the valley, mints, and Egyptain onions. A lot of people might not want or need those plants so I only bring them on request. We have a mornng coffee table that people bring juice or coffee cakes for and then we have a huge pot luck lunch feast after the swap if you want to stay, must of us do.
It is best to list what you are brining for the morning coffee table and for the pot luck lunch feast.

Bring what plants you have extra of. If you don't have a lot of plants, or any at all, come anyway, you will still go home with a lot of plants. This is a great way for the new gardener to start their gardens, and a great way for the seasoned gardener to have a place to share thier divisions for more space in their gardens. So thats about it. Look forward to meeting you. It's a great group, everyone is always smiling becasue its so much fun.

I am also brining a couple of goats beard seedlings if anyone wants them.

o

Hi Idabean,

I would love a "lemon lily" "hyperion"

I hope I have something that you can use. I will post my list soon.

o

Hello fixerupperinnh,

If you have extra tomatoe seedlings, especially cherry tomatoes, I sure could use some.

What are are you looking for?

o

Hello fixerupperinnh,

If you have extra tomatoe seedlings, especially cherry tomatoes, I sure could use some.

What are are you looking for?

o

Hello All

For the pot luck lunch, I will be bring a summer squash cheese casserole and some brownies.

I will be bring a pot of cat mint with two- year- old roots for marsha.
I will bring sinbadsmom some dill seedlings.

To trade I have:
a year-old forsythia bush

goat beard's seedlings which are great shrubs for shade, with a white plumes, similar to giant astibles.

red rose campion, the quintessential cottage flower

lovage, an herb that grows five feet or more

white beach rose

a pot of Lemon balm, with three-years-old roots

a pot of chives

low blueberry bushes

egyptain onion

comfrey

peppermint

o

Hello All,

I also have Lysimachia ciliata "Firecracker"

Grown for Burgundy foliage
Herbaceous
grows about two feet
great for flower arrangements too!

I have it in one patch in shade. It doesn't spread. The patch just slowly gets bigger. I have had the patch for a good eight years or so and its four by five. Very well behaved. I don't know what would happen if you put it in full sun, but I have it in shade getting very little setting sun
exposure..

o

Hi guys. Well I am back from Amsterdam and the UK with very fond garden memories and about 5K photos - no exaggeration very near 5000 photos! I will bring my tablet for anyone who would like to see pictures. Unfortunately, I also got hit by a bicyclist in Amsterdam and my left arm is on the mend. Consequently I won't be bringing a lot of stuff that people haven't requested. My friend David will help me pot up plants so I can get requests potted up for next weekend. He doesn't know it yet, but he will.

I have the following: (if there is a name next to it it is because I have it reserved for you based on your posts above)

Daylilies for sasha-nh
Boxwood cuttings - blaketaylore
Iris Immortality - white
Lamb’s ear
Lily-of-the-valley
Cream daylilies
Lady’s mantle
Tall Phlox - "David" (white)
Artemesia golden - is aggressive but easily pulled and divided each year
Hostas - no idea that names but I have small golden or bi-color green or a variety of large in standard green, bicolor with chartreuse, variegated with white and mostly chartreuse with darker green stripes
Black mondo grass - I have a few seedlings to spare
Annabelle hydrangea - two divisions
White hyacinth bulbs
White lion daffodils

I have gone through all the posts and would love some of the following: (not to be greedy, but let me know what you would like in return if I am not too late for your offering)

Primula - from debra_boston
Hellebores - thyme2dig
Hykonechloa - idabean, you didn't post it but you offered it to me last year adn we never met up. Could you pull some for me?
Sedum - gata
White rugosa - blaketaylore
Baptisia - sasha-nh
Globe thistle - newname4me
Papaver black swan - newname4me
Echinacea - sinbadsmom
Blue eyed grass - sinbadsmom
Columbine green and black - sinbadsmom
Tomtoes - fixerupperinnh

My husband already knows he will have to plant what I bring home and he is ready to do so. He was inspired b the many gardens we saw too!

I (we) will bring a coffee cake for the morning table, a fruit salad and a large egg casserole for lunch.

o

Hello Whitegarden,

Wow, it sounds like you had quite the spring adventure in Amsterdam and the UK. I will send you extra healing energy for a speedy recovery of the healing of your arm so you won' t miss out in summer fun.

Thanks for putting aside the boxwood cuttings for me. Could you please also put aside one of the standard size hostas with chartreuse with darker green stripes. And if you have an extra white immortality iris that would be great.
I am bringing two White rugosas would you like them both?

o

Please send me an email with your address. Thank you.

o

Hi Debra of Boston

If you need a groundcover under your steps, have you thought about lilly of the valley? The pretty tiny white bloom have a lovely scent. It makes a great ground cover in the shade. It spreads pretty aggressively in the sun, but in the shade it more or less stays in place. Look it up, and if you want some, I can dig you up a patch. I have them in my shady areas.

o

Sure blaketaylore! You got it!

Bring both roses and I'll take the second if no one wants it.

Hey blake, are you the one who sent me the white coronaria seeds? They slept last year but are looking sure to bloom this year. Gardening is such a game of patience isn't it?

Also, can you email me Annie's address again. I should know the way by heart at this point but no! LOL!!!

o

Hi Whitegarden I can bring you all that you asked for. If you have any of the white lion bulbs I would take a few of them. Kathie

o

You got it sinbadsmom!

o

The only thing about lily-of-the-valley as a groundcover is that it really doesn't suppress weeds. You still need to mulch or weed to keep the area neat. That being said, I couldn't live without my L-O-V. I took a huge bouquet with me on my trip. I couldn't bear to leave them behind!

o

Well kids, I just spent over an hour composing a post complete with photos and learned that if you hit the 'back' button when you do a preview, you lose the entire post! argggh!

So disgusted that I am just posting a couple photos that maybe you guys can help me identify what plants are these? Enjoy the day..

o

And this??

o

Last one. Sorry, pic is sideways. What is blue flower?

o

Hey Deb,
The first is anemone canadensis. The second looks like a variegated artemisia, possibly 'oriental limelight'?
I can't make out the third.

o

The third is a bit out of focus, but perhaps a campanula glomerata. I agree with T2D on the first two.

o

Morning.

Looking around-digging-digging-digging
Newnameforme I'll bring you baptisa
Debra baptisa for you too and S+S hosta I'll see how much Victoria Louise I have. Already promised some to Sinbadsmon and Gata
Also have enough monkshhod and turtlehead to share this year, let me know if interested.
Did I mention I have a bumper crop of obedient plant and rose campion? Again, let me know.
Marsha

o

Hi sasha -nh

Obedient plant has been tricky in my garden but I would love to try some again. I think the yearly resident groundhog eats it before I notice it is there! I take it it is the pink? Can you spare me a baptisa? Turtlehead isn't a plant I have tried. What color? I'll give it a go if you are looking to get rid of it.

o

Debra, the first two are in fact anenome and oriental limelight...I'm certain that I gave them to you at some point.

Again, I won't be able to make the swap, I have a family Baptism....Having a huge family has it's drawbacks sometimes.....lol

I have soooo many things that need dividing but won't bother until later in the season. my once perfect garden is looking like an overgrown jungle.

Sinbadsmom, as usual your shade offerings are killing me!

I hope to be able to make it the fall.

Lisa

o

Oh no Lisa! You will be missed!

o

O! Lisa! I didn't realize you won't be able to make it. Again it kills me to admit this but those awesome pink salvia that I love so much..........they just won't sprout for me!!!!!!!!! You don't live that far from me we should meet sometime all the shade plants you want for those salvia!!!! Kathie

o

Sorry to hear you won't make it Lisa-You will be missed
See you in the fall.
And don't worry I'll give the shade plants a good home
M

o

Hi becky scott,

I wanted to send you an email requesting the address for the swap but couldn't find your email address on your "My Page". Please sent me an email, my email address should be listed on my own "My Page", with the address for the swap. I've had problems before with the GW (blame it on the gnomes?) and their email communications before. Thanks, I appreciate it.

o

Hi Zahzeen.

It is so easy to miss posts especially long threads!
Becky Posted this a while ago: You can email her or texther for the address. You will find the contact information below.

•Posted by becky_scott (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:03

My email is awacsflygrl@gmail.com. I'm traveling from AZ to NH right now so I probably won't be checking this site until next Wednesday when I get to Anne's house.
Either email me at the above address or text me at (405)818-1904 and I'll send you the address..:
Look forward to seeing everyone there!

This post was edited by becky_scott on Thu, May 30, 13 at 16:08

o

Hey guys!

Get your requests in! I have help in the garden tomorrow and will be potting up any of the stuff I listed above that people request.

o

Hi Whitegarden,

Well since you have help.... and if you have plenty, I am also collecting lady mantle as well for a new spot.

o

I am planning to be there this Sunday. I will bring blueberry muffins for breakfast and strawberry rhubarb pie for lunch.

Plants I can bring:
Annabelle hydrangea (as many as 4)
Amsonia hubrechtii seedlings
Nepeta not sure what type
Bamboo divisions if I can separate them(clumping, plain green, 3 1/2 ft in my garden)
Late orange mums - very double, spreading
white daisy groundcover mums (Chrysanthemum weyrichii)
Cranberry (2 or 3 plants)
Hosta: plain green leaf with relatively dark purple flowers or Francis Williams - subtle geen/green variegation
Rododendron roseum elegans, rooted branches (it's a huge shrub, so needs space)
tall purple meadow rue seedlings - airy enough to be front or back of the border
fern leaf bleeding heart seedlings (Dicentra eximia)
rose campion - pale pink with white

Idabean/Marie (or anyone else) I would love perennial geraniums other than the old fashioned magenta Geranium sanguineum
Blaketaylore, if you could bring me an Egytian onion, I would appreciate it
Debra_boston, if there are still primula seedlings at this late date, they look lovely
Sinbadsmom - my bloodroot never appeared this year, so I would love to replace it
Susan/T2D - I love hellebores, so if there are seedlings available, please save me one

o

Hello NHbabs,

Thats great that you are coming. I have been reading your posts for so long, it will be nice to have a face to go with it.

I will bring you an egyptain onion, but if you are wanting to make a small patch of them for eating, I could bring you several so that next spring you can enjoy them staright away.

If no one has claimed one yet, I would love a cranberry plant,

o

Hi Everyone

I'm back home at last and looking forward to seeing you all this coming Sunday for our annual Spring Plant Swap.I think most of you know how to get to my house but if you don't ,email me or Becky and we will send you directions.
don't forget to bring bug spray and a chair to sit on and if you plan to stay for lunch bring something for the food table.
Annie

o

Annie -

I am so glad you are back home now!! It must feel lovely.

o

Hi All,
NHbabs, from your list i would love:
Late orange mums - very double, spreading
white daisy groundcover mums (Chrysanthemum weyrichii)
Cranberry (2 or 3 plants)
Rododendron roseum elegans, rooted branches (it's a huge shrub, so needs space)

There's a big thiing at my church this Sunday, so I am feeling ambivalent. If I decide I can't come, maybe I can get plants up to New Hampshire on Saturday for people to pick up.
Marie

f

I

o

Hi Annie!

So good to hear you are home! I am so looking forward to the swap sunday and seeing you! Rain or shine, it's going to be great!

o

Annie Welcome Home!

I've got a primula with your name on it for you.

Marsha thanks for the offer of the Homestead toms. One or two should do it. Bringing you a primula

NHbabs - Meadow Rue and Orange Mums please. Primula for you.

New Name - If you have an extra papaver black swan, if not it's ok. Bringing primula for you.

Primula is my plant this year, LOL. Got one for pretty near everyone this time. Looking so forward to the swap, don't even care if it rains. Have a wonderful time digging and dreaming of your new plants.
Deb

o

Hi Gardeners,

So here is what I have on offer with the names of the people who have requested them. I could still pot up a bit tomorrow if anyone wants anything last minute.

Daylilies (cream) - sasha-nh
Boxwood cuttings - blaketaylore
Iris Immortality - white - blaketaylore
Lamb’s ear
Lily-of-the-valley
Lady’s mantle -blaketaylore
Tall Phlox - David (white)
Artemesia - golden - is aggressive but easily pulled and divided each year
Hostas - no idea that names but I have small golden or bi-color green or a variety of large in standard green, bicolor with chartreuse, variegated with white and mostly chartreuse with darker green striping. blaketaylore
Black mondo grass - I have a few seedlings to spare
Annabelle hydrangea - two divisions
White hyacinth bulbs
White lion daffodils - sinbadsmom

NEW!!! I can pot up a small lilac or two.

Here is what I have humbly (please) requested. The items with a box in front of them have confirmed:
 Primula - from debra_boston
Hellebores -" thyme2dig
Hykonechloa - idabean
Sedum - gata
 White rugosa - blaketaylore
Baptisia - sasha-nh
Globe thistle - newname4me
Papaver black swan - newname4me
 Echinacea - sinbadsmom
 Burgundy daylily - sinbadsmom
 Blue eyed grass - sinbadsmom
 Columbine green and black - sinbadsmom
Tomtoes - fixerupperinnh

Looking forward to seeing eveyone.

David and I will bring fruit salad, coffee cake for the breakfast table, and I am changing to fried chicken for lunch (can be served cold if ovens are at a premium).

o

Hi, I just discovered this site and would love to learn more about Annie's NH June swap. What town is the swap located in?

o

Hmmmm.....I had posted this morning but it's not here?

Whitegarden, I would like to try black mondo grass if you have some dug up.

Nhbabs, if you have a spare Annabelle, I'd like to add it to my little Annabelle colony I'm trying to get going.

Blake, if you promise that the lysimachia doesn't spread in shade I'd like to try it. Promise?!?! LOL!

Deb, if you have any leftover primula when all is said and done I would love as many as possible. I really like the screaming color and have been thinking of all sorts of places it would work in the gardens.

Jennesspond, the swap is in Goffstown and always a great time.

o

I've been away and just dragged and did not get to bed before 2am. I don't think I saw any takers for lambs ears and something else I might have offered.

I might be just bringing potluck which will be something made from spinach like a quiche.

Welcome Jennesspond, hope you are coming. I'm also looking forward to meeting NHbabs for the first time and seeing everyone who usually comes.

It's been a very stressful and busy May and start of June. I'm going to get into the garden later and see where I'm at.

If somebody hasn't been before, they might like to know that Annie's place is very near Uncanoonuc Perennials. Sue and I usually stop there after the swap for a walkaround and more dreaming.
Donna

o

Hi, Defrost, sorry you had such a stressful and busy May and start of June. I am sure you will totally destress at the swap tomorrow. Your spinach quiche sounds great, my favorite!

Thyme2dig, I have had this one patch of lysimachia firecracker for many years, in the shade. It just stays in this one patch. A patch about 4 x 5. It doesn't appear any where else. I started with a few and they just filled up that one small bed and its thick so no weeds grow there. So I am pretty confident that you won't find them all over your yard They really do stay where you planted them. They are not invasive or aggressive, the reproduce at the rate of a slow growing clump. Now if you put them in full sun, I don't know how they will behave. SHould I dig you up a good patch to start you off with, or do you just want a couple?

o

I think this will be my most fun day of the year!

I am sorry I have not logged on in a while. I need to get the hang of this method of communication...

Sinbadsmom - I would love to trade Papaver Black Swan for Echinacea green envy

Whitegarden - Globe Thistle and black swan, If you still have Iris Immortality I would love that

BlakeTaylor - Hosta June for Egyptian onions or anything interesting

Debra_boston - papaver black swan

defrost49 - I will be sure to bring you a hosta,

I will bring raspberry squares for breakfast and a broccoli salad for lunch

o

Hi All,

Looking forward to Annie's Swap tomorrow.

For lunch I have some delicious spicy ham and cheese sandwiches.

I will bring a few plants. The photo shows the Japanese painted fern which I will bring. I will also bring a lemon and lime hosta and other plants.

I am looking for a thunderbowl hosta and a hellebore if I might get lucky.

My webmaster (husband) has started a photo album on flickr of the garden. If he has done what he should (he procrastinates), this link may take you to photos of some of the plants. Although it is too late for this swap, if you see something that interests you, let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nunugardenresort

Here is a link that might be useful: Lucky Nunu Garden

o

Will get the extras for newname4me and thyme2dig ready to go. Thanks for the swaps everyone!

o

okay newname4me will bring the echinacae. Lucky Nunu have a pot of seedling hellebore you are welcome to it ! Kathie

o

Any hellebores for me sinbadsmom or thyme2dig?

Marie (idabean) are you coming after all?

o

WG, yes I have a hellebore seedling for you.

LuckyNunu, I have a hellebore seedling for you too. Your garden is gorgeous. I love the gazebo and pond.

o

Hi Everyone,
Better late.....
My husband Roger and our daughter Claire, who is 35 and has special needs will be coming with me. Claire loves flowers and gardens and food; she'll be right at home. She is also quite sociable and verbal, and I know you'll find her good company.
I am bringing the gold hakone grass for whitegarden and thyme2dig. It was the devil to dig up orI'd have brought more. Like hacking through cement!
For NHbabs, pots of geranium mac. Spessart and little Biviko, "karmina". Frankly, the flowers are the same color as as sanguinium, but the foliage is dainty and spreads moderately. Just close your eyes for two weeks and the flowers will be gone.It does not seed wildly like g. sanguinium. +
I forgot about the lemonl ily, but there's time tomorrow to pot up a nice clump.
For anyone, I have allium "Ozawa" which blooms daintily pink in fall. It becomes a a big clump fast but doesn't seed or become too weedy.
I have a lot of alchemilla mollis if anyone wants some last minute.
I also have a tray of "sundrops" which I hear are enthusiastic spreaders. I don't have a place for them right now. anyone want some?
I'm so late getting in touch, I'll just take pot luck in flowers. Actually, there's not much more I can cram in.

As for food, I am not able to prepare anything. We used to have a kitchen, but right now there's just a big hole in the middle of the house. The refrigerator is in one room, and you have to go outside and around the house to get to the oven. I don't remember where we eat....

If drinks are needed, I can bring juice, selzer, ice, paper cups..how can I help?
Thanks,
Marie

o
Need an address

I couldn't get the email connection to work so if someone would send me the address, I'd appreciate it.

o

Hi Marie,

So glad you can make it.

If you have time, and the weather is cooperating, I would love a lemon day lilly, and I am in need of a lot of alchemilla mollis, so any you can share, and have time to dig up would be appreciated.

Wow, that sounds like some project you have going there in your kitchen. I bet you are hoping it will be finished soon!

There is always plenty of food at the pot luck. Annie just posts to bring something for the table, she never requests anything specific. Whatever you can manage would be fine. Juice sounds good.
Looking forward to seeing you again

o
Thank You Annie, Becky, Rachel!!!

What a fantastic plant swap. The weather was perfect and the company even better. Not to mention the food - the likes of which I have never seen!

Thank you to everyone for sharing your wonderful plants. See you all in the fall!

WG

o

Hello All,

Annie, Rachael and Becky, thank you for hosting this swap.

I agree with White Garden. It was a wonderful day. I had much fun as usual, and it was so good to see everyone again.

I got so many plants that I was looking for, I will be planting all week. So thanks to all who shared so generously there plants with me.

Have a safe and happy summer and I wil you in the fall.

Blake

o

Thank you Annie, Rachael, and Becky for ordering up such perfect weather and for putting on such a lovely swap!

The food was delicious, the plants were great, and I really enjoyed meeting so many of the people whose names I "see" on a regular basis here. I will enjoy putting faces with names.

o

This is a giant THANK YOU to Annie and her 'staff' of Becky and Rachel and others. The clouds parted, the sun came out and et voila - beauty. Everyone was so excited and happy to be seeing/swapping/talking about plants! Some new faces and the reliable dependables (of which I am the later). I got some wonderful plants and enjoyed the day so much. I always get a laugh or ten from the lunch bunch. That food table was groaning. I had seconds twice, so does that mean its thirds? Ha! Annie's garden was in very nice shape, so I guess her daughters had been working pretty hard to get it ready for swapsters arrival. I always tell everyone that swap day is my 'christmas'. Marsha mentioned that it is her 'superbowl'. Such an enjoyable day with lovely people. Big hug and smooch to Annie.

o

Annie, Becky and Rachel,

Thank you for another wonderful day of sharing . Had the best time as usual and I can't wait for fall (ok ok I can wait for fall but I look forward to seeing you all again).
Have a great summer

Marsha

o

Annie, Becky and Rachel,

Thank you for another wonderful day of sharing . Had the best time as usual and I can't wait for fall (ok ok I can wait for fall but I look forward to seeing you all again).
Have a great summer

Marsha

o

Thanks, Annie, Becky and Rachel! I couldn't bring plants this year but I brought Melanie for the first time and she had plenty of plants. She, Sue H and I had a wonderful time. We live so far apart that we don't see each other much. Yes, I got de-stressed, too. Wonderful weather and fantastic food. Lots of laughs. It's a great group that comes each time. Now I have to look up that hosta place in Hudson that Laurie mentioned. After the swap we went over to Uncanoonuc just to look around. They had a lovely group of showy lady slippers in their display garden. They are taken pre-orders but these are going to be $$$ plants. Out of my price range but it was great to see them in perfect bloom.

o

Well, never in my life have I had such a wonderful day surrounded by plants and plant lovers.

Thank you all so much making me feel apart of this special group.

Becky and Annie and Rachel, I don't know how you find the time to do it all. Your garden tour was delightful.

Thanks again, hope to see you all soon.

o

Annie, Becky, Rachel,
Piera, Diane, and I echo the sentiments of the previous posts. Always fun, and good weather this time as well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
Thanks again,
Deirdre, Piera, and Diane

o

Thanks, everyone, for a lovely day and sumptious food. All three of us enjoyed ourselves. I appreciate the rain, which will hold the plants over till I can plant.
Best,
Marie

o

Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 15:50

Annie & Becky & Rachel,
Thanks so much for a great swap. If the sun would come out I'd plant some of my goodies! Thanks again !
Best wishes,
Gata

o

Hello everyone!

I have never had the pleasure of actually attending one of Annie's famed swaps, but I would really love to make it for this year's. I run a berry farm and sell strawberries at market for much of the month of June, so I figured I might start planning now. Has the 2014 swap date been announced? I'm moving into my first home on June 1st, and don't know that I will have much to offer, but I definitely plan on tearing some stuff up and bringing it with, so this might work out nicely. I'm always willing to cook to make up for it my lack of exotic sought after plants!

Let me know whenever you all know!

o

Hello fruitionflowers,

I believe Annie's Swap will be the first Sunday in June this year, 2014. That's what she said last month, anyway! LOL
That's June 1. So don't know if that will fit with your schedule, but with this late spring and winter, she may move the date forward some. But she always starts a brand new thread at the beginning of every year, so I'd look for that. Ok? See you soon. Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here