Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blaketaylore

Annie's NH June swap

blaketaylore
11 years ago

Hello Everyone

Annie will be having her annual swap the second sunday in June. The swap will begin at 10 A.M

Please bring something for the morning coffee, and the pot luck lunch.

Please think about listing what you will be bringing to trade, and a list plants that you are
looking for. But you can also just surprise us all!

Looking forward to seeing you all there

All are welcome.

Comments (102)

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Hey Deb,
    The first is anemone canadensis. The second looks like a variegated artemisia, possibly 'oriental limelight'?
    I can't make out the third.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

The third is a bit out of focus, but perhaps a campanula glomerata. I agree with T2D on the first two.

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Morning.

Looking around-digging-digging-digging
    Newnameforme I'll bring you baptisa
    Debra baptisa for you too and S+S hosta I'll see how much Victoria Louise I have. Already promised some to Sinbadsmon and Gata
    Also have enough monkshhod and turtlehead to share this year, let me know if interested.
    Did I mention I have a bumper crop of obedient plant and rose campion? Again, let me know.
    Marsha

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    10 years ago

Hi sasha -nh

Obedient plant has been tricky in my garden but I would love to try some again. I think the yearly resident groundhog eats it before I notice it is there! I take it it is the pink? Can you spare me a baptisa? Turtlehead isn't a plant I have tried. What color? I'll give it a go if you are looking to get rid of it.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

Debra, the first two are in fact anenome and oriental limelight...I'm certain that I gave them to you at some point.

Again, I won't be able to make the swap, I have a family Baptism....Having a huge family has it's drawbacks sometimes.....lol

I have soooo many things that need dividing but won't bother until later in the season. my once perfect garden is looking like an overgrown jungle.

Sinbadsmom, as usual your shade offerings are killing me!

I hope to be able to make it the fall.

Lisa

• PRO
    10 years ago

Oh no Lisa! You will be missed!

• sinbadsmom
    10 years ago

O! Lisa! I didn't realize you won't be able to make it. Again it kills me to admit this but those awesome pink salvia that I love so much..........they just won't sprout for me!!!!!!!!! You don't live that far from me we should meet sometime all the shade plants you want for those salvia!!!! Kathie

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear you won't make it Lisa-You will be missed
    See you in the fall.
    And don't worry I'll give the shade plants a good home
    M

• zahzeen
    10 years ago

Hi becky scott,

I wanted to send you an email requesting the address for the swap but couldn't find your email address on your "My Page". Please sent me an email, my email address should be listed on my own "My Page", with the address for the swap. I've had problems before with the GW (blame it on the gnomes?) and their email communications before. Thanks, I appreciate it.

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Zahzeen.

It is so easy to miss posts especially long threads!
    Becky Posted this a while ago: You can email her or texther for the address. You will find the contact information below.

â¢Posted by becky_scott (My Page) on
    Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:03

My email is awacsflygrl@gmail.com. I'm traveling from AZ to NH right now so I probably won't be checking this site until next Wednesday when I get to Anne's house.
    Either email me at the above address or text me at (405)818-1904 and I'll send you the address..:
    Look forward to seeing everyone there!

This post was edited by becky_scott on Thu, May 30, 13 at 16:08

• PRO
    10 years ago

Hey guys!

Get your requests in! I have help in the garden tomorrow and will be potting up any of the stuff I listed above that people request.

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Whitegarden,

Well since you have help.... and if you have plenty, I am also collecting lady mantle as well for a new spot.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

I am planning to be there this Sunday. I will bring blueberry muffins for breakfast and strawberry rhubarb pie for lunch.

Plants I can bring:
    Annabelle hydrangea (as many as 4)
    Amsonia hubrechtii seedlings
    Nepeta not sure what type
    Bamboo divisions if I can separate them(clumping, plain green, 3 1/2 ft in my garden)
    Late orange mums - very double, spreading
    white daisy groundcover mums (Chrysanthemum weyrichii)
    Cranberry (2 or 3 plants)
    Hosta: plain green leaf with relatively dark purple flowers or Francis Williams - subtle geen/green variegation
    Rododendron roseum elegans, rooted branches (it's a huge shrub, so needs space)
    tall purple meadow rue seedlings - airy enough to be front or back of the border
    fern leaf bleeding heart seedlings (Dicentra eximia)
    rose campion - pale pink with white

Idabean/Marie (or anyone else) I would love perennial geraniums other than the old fashioned magenta Geranium sanguineum
    Blaketaylore, if you could bring me an Egytian onion, I would appreciate it
    Debra_boston, if there are still primula seedlings at this late date, they look lovely
    Sinbadsmom - my bloodroot never appeared this year, so I would love to replace it
    Susan/T2D - I love hellebores, so if there are seedlings available, please save me one

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello NHbabs,

Thats great that you are coming. I have been reading your posts for so long, it will be nice to have a face to go with it.

I will bring you an egyptain onion, but if you are wanting to make a small patch of them for eating, I could bring you several so that next spring you can enjoy them staright away.

If no one has claimed one yet, I would love a cranberry plant,

• annie_nh
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone

I'm back home at last and looking forward to seeing you all this coming Sunday for our annual Spring Plant Swap.I think most of you know how to get to my house but if you don't ,email me or Becky and we will send you directions.
    don't forget to bring bug spray and a chair to sit on and if you plan to stay for lunch bring something for the food table.
    Annie

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

Annie -

I am so glad you are back home now!! It must feel lovely.

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

Hi All,
    NHbabs, from your list i would love:
    Late orange mums - very double, spreading
    white daisy groundcover mums (Chrysanthemum weyrichii)
    Cranberry (2 or 3 plants)
    Rododendron roseum elegans, rooted branches (it's a huge shrub, so needs space)

There's a big thiing at my church this Sunday, so I am feeling ambivalent. If I decide I can't come, maybe I can get plants up to New Hampshire on Saturday for people to pick up.
    Marie

f

I

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Annie!

So good to hear you are home! I am so looking forward to the swap sunday and seeing you! Rain or shine, it's going to be great!

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

Annie Welcome Home!

I've got a primula with your name on it for you.

Marsha thanks for the offer of the Homestead toms. One or two should do it. Bringing you a primula

NHbabs - Meadow Rue and Orange Mums please. Primula for you.

New Name - If you have an extra papaver black swan, if not it's ok. Bringing primula for you.

Primula is my plant this year, LOL. Got one for pretty near everyone this time. Looking so forward to the swap, don't even care if it rains. Have a wonderful time digging and dreaming of your new plants.
    Deb

• PRO
    10 years ago

Hi Gardeners,

So here is what I have on offer with the names of the people who have requested them. I could still pot up a bit tomorrow if anyone wants anything last minute.

Daylilies (cream) - sasha-nh
    Boxwood cuttings - blaketaylore
    Iris Immortality - white - blaketaylore
    LambâÂÂs ear
    Lily-of-the-valley
    LadyâÂÂs mantle -blaketaylore
    Tall Phlox - David (white)
    Artemesia - golden - is aggressive but easily pulled and divided each year
    Hostas - no idea that names but I have small golden or bi-color green or a variety of large in standard green, bicolor with chartreuse, variegated with white and mostly chartreuse with darker green striping. blaketaylore
    Black mondo grass - I have a few seedlings to spare
    Annabelle hydrangea - two divisions
    White hyacinth bulbs
    White lion daffodils - sinbadsmom

NEW!!! I can pot up a small lilac or two.

Here is what I have humbly (please) requested. The items with a box in front of them have confirmed:
    ï¼ Primula - from debra_boston
    Hellebores -" thyme2dig
    Hykonechloa - idabean
    Sedum - gata
    ï¼ White rugosa - blaketaylore
    Baptisia - sasha-nh
    Globe thistle - newname4me
    Papaver black swan - newname4me
    ï¼ Echinacea - sinbadsmom
    ï¼ Burgundy daylily - sinbadsmom
    ï¼ Blue eyed grass - sinbadsmom
    ï¼ Columbine green and black - sinbadsmom
    Tomtoes - fixerupperinnh

Looking forward to seeing eveyone.

David and I will bring fruit salad, coffee cake for the breakfast table, and I am changing to fried chicken for lunch (can be served cold if ovens are at a premium).

• jennesspond
    10 years ago

Hi, I just discovered this site and would love to learn more about Annie's NH June swap. What town is the swap located in?

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Hmmmm.....I had posted this morning but it's not here?

Whitegarden, I would like to try black mondo grass if you have some dug up.

Nhbabs, if you have a spare Annabelle, I'd like to add it to my little Annabelle colony I'm trying to get going.

Blake, if you promise that the lysimachia doesn't spread in shade I'd like to try it. Promise?!?! LOL!

Deb, if you have any leftover primula when all is said and done I would love as many as possible. I really like the screaming color and have been thinking of all sorts of places it would work in the gardens.

Jennesspond, the swap is in Goffstown and always a great time.

• defrost49
    10 years ago

I've been away and just dragged and did not get to bed before 2am. I don't think I saw any takers for lambs ears and something else I might have offered.

I might be just bringing potluck which will be something made from spinach like a quiche.

Welcome Jennesspond, hope you are coming. I'm also looking forward to meeting NHbabs for the first time and seeing everyone who usually comes.

It's been a very stressful and busy May and start of June. I'm going to get into the garden later and see where I'm at.

If somebody hasn't been before, they might like to know that Annie's place is very near Uncanoonuc Perennials. Sue and I usually stop there after the swap for a walkaround and more dreaming.
    Donna

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, Defrost, sorry you had such a stressful and busy May and start of June. I am sure you will totally destress at the swap tomorrow. Your spinach quiche sounds great, my favorite!

Thyme2dig, I have had this one patch of lysimachia firecracker for many years, in the shade. It just stays in this one patch. A patch about 4 x 5. It doesn't appear any where else. I started with a few and they just filled up that one small bed and its thick so no weeds grow there. So I am pretty confident that you won't find them all over your yard They really do stay where you planted them. They are not invasive or aggressive, the reproduce at the rate of a slow growing clump. Now if you put them in full sun, I don't know how they will behave. SHould I dig you up a good patch to start you off with, or do you just want a couple?

• newname4me
    10 years ago

I think this will be my most fun day of the year!

I am sorry I have not logged on in a while. I need to get the hang of this method of communication...

Sinbadsmom - I would love to trade Papaver Black Swan for Echinacea green envy

Whitegarden - Globe Thistle and black swan, If you still have Iris Immortality I would love that

BlakeTaylor - Hosta June for Egyptian onions or anything interesting

Debra_boston - papaver black swan

defrost49 - I will be sure to bring you a hosta,

I will bring raspberry squares for breakfast and a broccoli salad for lunch

• luckynunu
    10 years ago

Hi All,

Looking forward to Annie's Swap tomorrow.

For lunch I have some delicious spicy ham and cheese sandwiches.

I will bring a few plants. The photo shows the Japanese painted fern which I will bring. I will also bring a lemon and lime hosta and other plants.

I am looking for a thunderbowl hosta and a hellebore if I might get lucky.

My webmaster (husband) has started a photo album on flickr of the garden. If he has done what he should (he procrastinates), this link may take you to photos of some of the plants. Although it is too late for this swap, if you see something that interests you, let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nunugardenresort

Here is a link that might be useful: Lucky Nunu Garden

• PRO
    10 years ago

Will get the extras for newname4me and thyme2dig ready to go. Thanks for the swaps everyone!

• sinbadsmom
    10 years ago

okay newname4me will bring the echinacae. Lucky Nunu have a pot of seedling hellebore you are welcome to it ! Kathie

• PRO
    10 years ago

Any hellebores for me sinbadsmom or thyme2dig?

Marie (idabean) are you coming after all?

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

WG, yes I have a hellebore seedling for you.

LuckyNunu, I have a hellebore seedling for you too. Your garden is gorgeous. I love the gazebo and pond.

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Better late.....
    My husband Roger and our daughter Claire, who is 35 and has special needs will be coming with me. Claire loves flowers and gardens and food; she'll be right at home. She is also quite sociable and verbal, and I know you'll find her good company.
    I am bringing the gold hakone grass for whitegarden and thyme2dig. It was the devil to dig up orI'd have brought more. Like hacking through cement!
    For NHbabs, pots of geranium mac. Spessart and little Biviko, "karmina". Frankly, the flowers are the same color as as sanguinium, but the foliage is dainty and spreads moderately. Just close your eyes for two weeks and the flowers will be gone.It does not seed wildly like g. sanguinium. +
    I forgot about the lemonl ily, but there's time tomorrow to pot up a nice clump.
    For anyone, I have allium "Ozawa" which blooms daintily pink in fall. It becomes a a big clump fast but doesn't seed or become too weedy.
    I have a lot of alchemilla mollis if anyone wants some last minute.
    I also have a tray of "sundrops" which I hear are enthusiastic spreaders. I don't have a place for them right now. anyone want some?
    I'm so late getting in touch, I'll just take pot luck in flowers. Actually, there's not much more I can cram in.

As for food, I am not able to prepare anything. We used to have a kitchen, but right now there's just a big hole in the middle of the house. The refrigerator is in one room, and you have to go outside and around the house to get to the oven. I don't remember where we eat....

If drinks are needed, I can bring juice, selzer, ice, paper cups..how can I help?
    Thanks,
    Marie

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

I couldn't get the email connection to work so if someone would send me the address, I'd appreciate it.

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Marie,

So glad you can make it.

If you have time, and the weather is cooperating, I would love a lemon day lilly, and I am in need of a lot of alchemilla mollis, so any you can share, and have time to dig up would be appreciated.

Wow, that sounds like some project you have going there in your kitchen. I bet you are hoping it will be finished soon!

There is always plenty of food at the pot luck. Annie just posts to bring something for the table, she never requests anything specific. Whatever you can manage would be fine. Juice sounds good.
    Looking forward to seeing you again

• PRO
    10 years ago

What a fantastic plant swap. The weather was perfect and the company even better. Not to mention the food - the likes of which I have never seen!

Thank you to everyone for sharing your wonderful plants. See you all in the fall!

WG

• blaketaylore
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello All,

Annie, Rachael and Becky, thank you for hosting this swap.

I agree with White Garden. It was a wonderful day. I had much fun as usual, and it was so good to see everyone again.

I got so many plants that I was looking for, I will be planting all week. So thanks to all who shared so generously there plants with me.

Have a safe and happy summer and I wil you in the fall.

Blake

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

Thank you Annie, Rachael, and Becky for ordering up such perfect weather and for putting on such a lovely swap!

The food was delicious, the plants were great, and I really enjoyed meeting so many of the people whose names I "see" on a regular basis here. I will enjoy putting faces with names.

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

This is a giant THANK YOU to Annie and her 'staff' of Becky and Rachel and others. The clouds parted, the sun came out and et voila - beauty. Everyone was so excited and happy to be seeing/swapping/talking about plants! Some new faces and the reliable dependables (of which I am the later). I got some wonderful plants and enjoyed the day so much. I always get a laugh or ten from the lunch bunch. That food table was groaning. I had seconds twice, so does that mean its thirds? Ha! Annie's garden was in very nice shape, so I guess her daughters had been working pretty hard to get it ready for swapsters arrival. I always tell everyone that swap day is my 'christmas'. Marsha mentioned that it is her 'superbowl'. Such an enjoyable day with lovely people. Big hug and smooch to Annie.

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Annie, Becky and Rachel,

Thank you for another wonderful day of sharing . Had the best time as usual and I can't wait for fall (ok ok I can wait for fall but I look forward to seeing you all again).
    Have a great summer

Marsha

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Annie, Becky and Rachel,

Thank you for another wonderful day of sharing . Had the best time as usual and I can't wait for fall (ok ok I can wait for fall but I look forward to seeing you all again).
    Have a great summer

Marsha

• defrost49
    10 years ago

Thanks, Annie, Becky and Rachel! I couldn't bring plants this year but I brought Melanie for the first time and she had plenty of plants. She, Sue H and I had a wonderful time. We live so far apart that we don't see each other much. Yes, I got de-stressed, too. Wonderful weather and fantastic food. Lots of laughs. It's a great group that comes each time. Now I have to look up that hosta place in Hudson that Laurie mentioned. After the swap we went over to Uncanoonuc just to look around. They had a lovely group of showy lady slippers in their display garden. They are taken pre-orders but these are going to be $$$ plants. Out of my price range but it was great to see them in perfect bloom.

• luckynunu
    10 years ago

Well, never in my life have I had such a wonderful day surrounded by plants and plant lovers.

Thank you all so much making me feel apart of this special group.

Becky and Annie and Rachel, I don't know how you find the time to do it all. Your garden tour was delightful.

Thanks again, hope to see you all soon.

• sicula
    10 years ago

Annie, Becky, Rachel,
    Piera, Diane, and I echo the sentiments of the previous posts. Always fun, and good weather this time as well.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
    Thanks again,
    Deirdre, Piera, and Diane

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for a lovely day and sumptious food. All three of us enjoyed ourselves. I appreciate the rain, which will hold the plants over till I can plant.
    Best,
    Marie

• gata
    10 years ago

Annie & Becky & Rachel,
    Thanks so much for a great swap. If the sun would come out I'd plant some of my goodies! Thanks again !
    Best wishes,
    Gata

• fruitionflowers
    10 years ago

Hello everyone!

I have never had the pleasure of actually attending one of Annie's famed swaps, but I would really love to make it for this year's. I run a berry farm and sell strawberries at market for much of the month of June, so I figured I might start planning now. Has the 2014 swap date been announced? I'm moving into my first home on June 1st, and don't know that I will have much to offer, but I definitely plan on tearing some stuff up and bringing it with, so this might work out nicely. I'm always willing to cook to make up for it my lack of exotic sought after plants!

Let me know whenever you all know!

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

Hello fruitionflowers,

I believe Annie's Swap will be the first Sunday in June this year, 2014. That's what she said last month, anyway! LOL
    That's June 1. So don't know if that will fit with your schedule, but with this late spring and winter, she may move the date forward some. But she always starts a brand new thread at the beginning of every year, so I'd look for that. Ok? See you soon. Debra

• annie_nh
    9 years ago

We're having the plant swap again this year. June 1, 2014. Coffee and pastries start at 0900. The swap starts at 10. I made a new thread for the new event. Please look for it there!!!

• olddawg
    9 years ago

This will be our first time to Annie's swap and look forward to meeting you all!

Besides the standard;
    Native low bush blueberry
    And Daisies (of which we have an abundance)
    Happy to dig up as much as you desire!

We will bring;
    Silver Fountain grass
    Maiden grass
    Spearmint
    Sun Drops (still some we dare to move, getting close to flowering time)

I also have 2 Forsythia's I will dig up for a good home (3rd year and strong)
    I prune back my forsythia to keep them more like a bush vs long and stringy.

We had a rather nice Scottish Broom that didn't survive the winter and hope to find something we can replace it with..

• dfaustclancy
    9 years ago

Hi guys,

It's now September and I have a feeling no fall swap for us at Annie's this year. I just wanted to say thank you for ALL of the swaps you've had for us over the years. How wonderful to be able to 'watch our garden grow'. We love you, Annie and Family. Thanks again.

Debra

• becky Scott
    9 years ago

We're having another swap June 7, 2015. Link to June 2015 seap