Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easter Bunny Updates re: Horticultural Events, Chores, etc.

Posted by bostongardens z6 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:37

The Easter Bunny sends greetings on this beautiful day.
Many interesting upcoming horticultural events have been listed and some have free admission!

Take a look if you get a free minute or two. Thank you.

Cheers! ~ Hilda

Here is a link that might be useful: BostonGardens.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easter Bunny Updates re: Horticultural Events, Chores, etc.

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 17:33

I just went through your "Favorite Gardening Quotations", Hilda. I particularly enjoyed this one:

"If we persist, I do not doubt that by age 96 or so we will all have gardens we are pleased with, more or less."
~Henry Mitchell, 1923-1993, one of America's best, and funniest, garden writers

I've got a long way still to go, but there's hope.

Thanks,
Claire

o

There's a lecture coming up at Highfield Hall on May 17 that some forum members might be interested in. Highfield is an old estate in Falmouth, MA, that's been restored and is now operated as a non-profit and used for public events.

The title of the talk is 'Creating a Garden of a Lifetime'. There's also a luncheon tour, after the talk, at a local private garden on the shore that he designed; the talk is $20, and the lunch is $50, both intended to raise funds for the Hall.

I haven't seen Louis Raymond before, but friends who've seen him speak say he's really good.

This is a bit outside Hilda's web site's range, I think, so I figured I'd post it here, just in case anyone was interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plays Well with Plants: Creating a Garden of a Lifetime, Louis Raymond

o

Claire... I love reading anything by/about Henry Mitchell. Maybe it's time to re-visit his works.

Nan... Thank you for the info about upcoming Louis Raymond lecture. Although I don't really know him, I met him at the Flower Show years ago. In a 2004 interview he said that year was his 5th working on the Show as advisor, etc. He had been there until 4 a.m. the night before it opened.That's dedication, for sure.

~ Hilda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here