Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tony Avent article

Posted by diggingthedirt CapeCod Z7? (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 16:02

Plants Delight was mentioned on another thread, and there's a good article about the owner, Tony Avent, in the NYT garden section this week. Thought you might want to read about him and about the nursery (road trip, anyone?)

Here is a link that might be useful: NYT article

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tony Avent article

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 16:43

He also has a monthly e-newsletter that is definitely worth reading.

The latest one has various tidbits such as:

"Finally, if you're one of those gardeners who are concerned about the spread of invasive species, this YouTube video from the Utah State Extension Service is a must watch, detailing one of the most hideous of the aliengarden invasives and what must be done for it's control. Do not miss this
important video!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0foMKAxCww

Claire

o

Perfect. The skill and dedication necessary to curb this invasive species is right up there with the artfulness required to defang a troll.

Jane

o

Thank you, DTD,for posting the NYT link. Very good article which I had missed, so thanks.

Jane

o

Nan,
Count me in on the road trip, we would have to drive down with a sixteen wheeler to bring back all the goodies. Thanks for posting this one I have pretty much given up on the NYT Home and Garden section ever having a gardening article.
Claire,
I lost it when I saw their cheery hats poking up through the soil!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here