Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kpaquette_gw

Newbie question...re: my friend's butterfly bush

kpaquette
14 years ago

Hi all...I went over today to water my neighbors plants, and while inspecting her garden, noticed her huge (about 8') butterfly bush has fallen over - I suspect during those bad storms we had during all the flooding here in RI. So it's been down for a while. I didn't notice it before because it's on its side and hidden by giant hydrangea. It appears the root ball is about 1/2 out of the ground. Is it a goner? Or should we try to stake it up?

She is a renter and lives in VT full time (hence my watering her plants) and unfortunately the people who own the house could give a crap about the landscaping. I was looking around thinking I'd maybe start trying to clean it up a bit when I noticed the butterfly bush. But I don't want to go through too much trouble if it's a lost cause - a) because it's not my house and b) because it isn't even my friends house!

But if it needs to be removed, I'm going to call her management company. It's awfully big for me to try to stuff into my yard waste bags. haha

TIA for any help you can give. :)

Comments (5)