Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cherry Blossoms in Brooklyn April 2 - May 1

Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 16:55

I know it's not quite New England but Brooklyn Botanic Garden is within reach of many New Englanders (as well as quasi or honorary New Englanders). There's a CherryWatch Blossom Status Map that shows some cherries are already blooming, and it's fun to see this map develop. Of course, it's even more fun to actually go there.

Cherry Blossom Season 2011

Claire

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cherry Blossoms in Brooklyn April 2 - May 1

I'm going!!! Have wanted to go for years and it was on my 'bucket' list - as was the Philly Flower Show. Via an out-of-the-blue friendly finger of fate, last month someone asked me if I wanted to go on a bus trip to the BBC, May 1st. No thinking: Answer, YES! If it's on THE list, do not hestitate. Good of you to post this link, Claire. (doing the happy dance)

Jane

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 12:53

Then you'll be there for the two day Sakura Matsuri Festival. Check the schedule; lots to do and see. The BBG has good food too.

Claire

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 17:33

I just checked the Cherry Blossom Status Map and an outrageous number of trees are at peak blossom. I hope Jane is going tomorrow armed with her camera.

Claire

o

Yes, she is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here