Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just... checking in

Posted by wispfox 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 19:44

I have no idea how many of you live in or near Boston. I'm fairly near, and it seems that no one I know was directly affected by the bombs. Some were rather closer than one might have liked, however.

I hope everyone here's ok, as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just... checking in

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 19:59

Everyone's fine here - I've been following the news online since mid-afternoon. What should have been a day of triumph for the runners and their families has turned into an unspeakable horror. I'm down in Plymouth but memories of 9/11 are resurfacing (I lived in NYC then).

Claire

o

Family members had friends and coworkers that ran in the marathon or were watching it and were in that location. Many anxious calls back and forth and all are well. But we did have to make a drive into Boston to pick up a family member to get them out of that area. Difficult to understand how someone makes a decision to do something like this. Very sad that people have died and had such horrific injuries.

o

I was thinking of bostongardens - assuming she lives right in Boston and I know it's a holiday there, so hope she is okay.

My son is a student there and was at an apartment a few blocks away. Thank goodness he is fine - decided to hang out with friends INSIDE and not go out.

I just got home from work and I'm watching the news and it's just horrific. This scenario is getting too familiar....

Dee

o

Like NYC, Boston is filled with wonderful and determined people who will not let this/these subhumans define their city's humanity.

o

It's a shame..................such a shame! As was mentioned, this is becoming all too familiar. We need to be more assertive. If they find the responsible party/parties they should nail them mercilessly to the wall!

Photobucket

o

Glad to hear that so far no one knows anyone personally who was injured or killed. I guess it was a fairly limited area of spread. It just feels huge, since it's _my town_ (ish). You know?

o

I live in Lexington and we have shared the glory of Patriots Day with the Marathon for a long, long time.
Thanks for writing your note, and others' healing prayers and thoughts. Of course we will regroup, just as other places have. But like Oaklahoma City and NYC a sense of safety and innocence has been altered forever. In many ways Boston is a small city made up of neighborhoods and small towns and cities less than 15 miles apart. You know who people are by where they're from.
Idabean/Marie

o

... seriously? I hope none of you are from Watertown.

I'm a town over, myself.

*on lockdown*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here