Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
siennact

Working as a private garden consultant?

siennact
16 years ago

I helped some friends from church with a mailbox garden last year, and they would like to hire me to help out with their gardens this year. The yard is already cared for by a lawn service and a landscaper, I'm not sure if I am intended to replace the landscaper, that's what I am guessing. It's pretty much "done" with not much room left to add anything new but of course things could be improved upon.

Anyway... has anyone done this sort of work who could share their experience? I am meeting with them this week to discuss their plans. They have very little experience with plants or gardening so I expect to be doing most of the talking. About what, I'm not sure! I'm trying to get together some questions to ask them and some basic ideas to suggest to get started. Also, any idea on the going rate for this sort of service? I am in Cheshire, CT.

It would be really nice if this works out, what a dream job! I could really use the money too, I'm getting divorced and about to be up to my eyeballs in bills!

tina

Comments (6)