Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to apply Bayer Grub Control in New England?

Posted by natureperson 5b (My Page) on
Sun, May 7, 06 at 8:13

Is this the time to apply the Bayer Advanced Grub Control? I understand that this product is to be put down in the spring, I believe, and then there is another Bayer grub product, the 24-Hour one, that goes down late in the summer.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to apply Bayer Grub Control in New England?

Here's a Fact Sheet from UNH Coop Extension on grub control...

Here is a link that might be useful: UNH Coop Ext. Grub Control

o

I just put some down today around my shed and old compost and old mulch piles (loaded with big fat crubs! and apparently that was what was attracting a skunk - he's NOT under my deck, but that's another story....) Anyway the bag said you could put it down from May through July. Rake it in then water it...

Just read the back of the bag - good instructions and info.

o

Thanks for the link, triciae. That was very informative.

treeskate, I haven't seen any signs of skunks tearing up my gardens yet this year, but I suppose when I do that that will be a good indication that it's time to grub-ize. The day will be coming fairly soon however.

o

I should clarify that raking was for soil/mulched areas. They also have rates for spreaders when applying to lawns. But it all has to be watered in - like when it is going to rain or if you want to hand water it.

I wouldn't wait much longer as the grubs are moving to the surface now.

o

treeskate, I have used it before, but have been trying to go organic and stopped it one year. Boy, was I sorry! I have too much yard to spend the money on Milky Spore so I've decided that the Bayer will be about the only chemical I resort to.

Thanks again. I'll have to go pick some up and get the job done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here