Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bright Pink Azalea

Posted by gemini40 (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 9:05

I want to add three azalea bushes to my landscape.This area gets bright sun from noon time on.I have some delaware whites that do better with partial shade, but this spot is heads on full sun for a good part of the day..Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bright Pink Azalea

Do you know what zone you're in? If you don't know then we can tell you if you give us a general idea where you live. This matters as far as choosing a hardy variety of azalea.

As far as pink azaleas, I'm partial to a variety called Rosebud. The flowers are double and look like little roses opening up. A Google search will give you all of the info on it including pictures.

o

Not sure of the zone exactly I am just out side Boston 7 miles exactly in norfolk county.Thanks for the response , much appreciated.

o

Here's the Azalea search page from American Rhododendron Society. You can search for a bunch of different options, including flower color and hardiness, so this might give you some ideas, though not all may be readily available commercially.

Here is a link that might be useful: Azalea search page from American Rhododendron Society

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here