Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_ri_z6b

My most favorite nursery

bill_ri_z6b
13 years ago

This year, being retired, I have had time to visit several new places. Most of them were names that I saw in posts here.

I went to the Farmer's Daughter on rte. 138 in Wakefield, RI last Friday, and went back yesterday to see more of it. I have never seen the variety of plants that I saw there, although Haskells in New Bedford does have a few more conifer choices. But overall, the Farmer's Daughter has just about anything you could want. Lots of perennials, shrubs and vines as well as garden decor and annuals. Many I have not seen before, at least not for sale locally. Seeing the plants live rather than in a catalog or online is so much better. They have a good choice of cacti, succulents, alpine and rock garden plants. Not much in the way of fruit trees, but other than that there's not much missing. Plenty of herbs, veggies and bedding annuals. It's laid out very nicely, with everything labeled and pretty much priced on the pots. The plants are all so healthy looking too! There are beautiful display gardens and lots of display areas here and there. I recommend it highly. And no, I don't work for them or have any relatives there! LOL!

I just think you'd enjoy a visit there.

Bill

Comments (4)