Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get a good sized Meyer lemon tree?

Posted by gracesmith_03 6a MA (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 10:17

Hey, all! Has anyone seen a good-sized meyer lemon tree in their nursery adventures this spring? I live on the MA/CT border. (I'll be glad to travel, just would like the ride to be 1 1/2 hours or so)

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get a good sized Meyer lemon tree?

Check out Logee's. They have 5" baskets listed on the website (not big, I know) but they may have larger sizes at the greenhouse. I haven't ever been there, just have heard about them through the grapevine. They are in Danielson, CT.

o

I saw some that were standards I believe and were a fairly good size, in the greenhouse at Lake Street Gardens back in Feb/Mar? They seem to have had a few varieties. You might call and see if they still have any.

o

I've seen some big ones at Mahoney's garden center in Winchester, MA!

o

I saw some good sized plants at Brigg's in Attleboro. Lots of other citrus too.

Photobucket

o

Yesterday I was at Pezza farms (Rt. 14 in Johnston, RI www.pezzafarm.com) and they had some lemon trees that were about 3 feet or more. I didn't check if they were Meyer but those are the most common pot lemons. Probably worth a call.

Photobucket

o

thanks so much for eveyone's help! If nothing else, I have a few destination idea now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here