Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhmom2four

Do you dream about your garden?

nhmom2four
13 years ago

...or am I in danger of losing my mind? Last night, for example, I dreamed about my beautyberry and buddleia because I have been worried that they might be dead. In my dream both had leaves coming but in actuality the beautyberry actually did this morning!

Yesterday I went to my favorite garden center (Wentworth in Rollinsford NH) and bought a Gertrude Jekyll rose; some wallflowers; a Wild Bergamot from the American Beauties series; and a campanula. My 11 y.o. was with me and she persuaded me to get a Weeks rose- "Texas" (yellow, of course) because she was born there. I am going to work it in by my Tangerine Dream roses.

I had asked a question year earlier about getting rid of some of my rhododendrons and their roots and got some great advice. I have decided to selectively cull them so that the most gnarly ones will be gone. In that area I am going to plant two Therese Bugnet rugosas and let them sucker to their heart's content.

My daughter loves the gardening too but I'm not sure she's dreaming about it yet.

Barb

Comments (4)