Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mayalena

How fickle are you?

mayalena
12 years ago

Hi all.

In another post, KT reminded me of my runaway rain barrel, literally barreling and thundering down my driveway a few summers ago as I chased after it...much to my kids' and neighbors' amusement. They seemed so simple and yet felt so complicated. Even after I got them installed correctly (after taking a hacksaw to my downspouts -- and then paying to have them replaced...), I struggled to get the rain back out of them later. Hoses didn't attach right, the overflow thingy couldn't keep up with the rain, etc. I didn't put them out last year, and haven't put them out yet this summer. I wonder if I will?

What about you? Do you abandon your good intentions after a year or so when you discover things aren't as simple as they seem? Or am I the only naive one? Can you keep them going?

Another good intention I've abandoned at least temporarily: my fabulous Flowtron electric shredder. It sat, assembled in my garage, for two years after having shredded just a couple of tubs of leaves. I finally got it out again this spring, but it is really struggling with my wet, matted leaves and I am debating putting it back in the garage and ignoring the leaves. (The leaves are a topic for another post. I'll just say that I am very good at complicating gardening....) Again, it seemed so simple, and yet it is so complicated to really get the thing working....

Then there is my reel mower.... And that compost tumbler I finally gave to another GWer (I now just use conventional piles). At least I have yet to abandon my veggie gardens!

What about you? Chased any rain barrels lately? Abandoned any good intentions? Skeletons in your...garages?

Best,

ML

Comments (2)