Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillyluis

Anyone grow Daphne Everblooming Alba? deciding bet that & Kalmia

jillyluis
9 years ago

Hi
I'm trying to decide on a small ever green for my front yard, something broadleafed. I think I have narrowed it down to Daphne, likely everblooming Alba v. Kalmia minuet (one of the drawf ones). Another Daphne in competition is Summer Ice.

Anyone grow those Daphnes? I have mountain laurels on two sides of my house in my small gardens, so much as I love them, I'm not sure I want them on 3 sides (plus the winter killed two out of 5 and significantly damaged a 3rd, so I'm not sure they love me).

If you grew the daphne's, how did they do? Where did you find them (they aren't at Weston's...I hate their prices, but love the online inventory). I found Summer Ice at Broken Arrow and Everblooming Alba somewhere in Oregon (3 inch pots!! I'm all for patience, but I just don't know that I can wait that long). Kalmia MInuet is pretty common around here, and I can find it much bigger....

Any thoughts?? I love gardening, but all these decisions are tough. I'm looking for 8 bushes, so I don't want to change my mind.
Thanks a lot, you guy are great
Jill

Comment (1)