Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nursekimmi

A few questions

kimmid
14 years ago

Good rainy morning all!

Would someone please explain to me how to post pictures. I would like to take some pics of my garden to show but the instructions leave something to be desired last I tried it when i was on the Harvest board. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Second,how much damage will this much water do to my veggies. I have tomatoes, peppers, beans and peas, cukes, both summer squash and zuchinni, and winter squash. My beans and peas have white spots on the leaves.. should i be worried?

Comments (6)

• kimmid
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HA I remembered the other two (rainy morning brain)
    My rhubarb that i got off freecycle (yeah) was flowering and now has seeds. I have it in a bed that is heavily mulched due to the it being recently cleared of garlic mustard! How can i make sure that I do the best thing i can to get alot of rhubarb. It is pretty heavy with what looks like seeds.

I have an old tree that we have wrapped a garden around the bottom of. It is infested with mushrooms!! And i am finding little ones in my raised beds. Is this good, should i leave them, get rid of them.. any advice would be appreciated.

• cloud_9
    14 years ago

kimmid - You can go ahead and cut the flowering stalk off the rhubarb so it can put all its energy into the plant.

The mushrooms won't hurt your garden. If you like them (they ARE interesting), leave them be; if you don't like them, get rid of them and stir up the mulch a bit.

I don't know about the white spots, (more dusty - powdery mildew, fuzzy spots - mealy bugs), but all the water itself shouldn't hurt your veggies unless your garden has poor drainage. They won't get much growing done until we get more sun though.

Posting picture helpis there in the faq

Here is a link that might be useful: faq link

• kimmid
    Original Author
    14 years ago

But if i want to propogate the rhubarb and since i just got it this year and wont be harvesting.. what can i do with all the seeds. Shouldnt i leave it and let the seeds fall or should I take them off.. I will post some pics once i can get out when it stops raining long enough.

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    14 years ago

Following up on information in the FAQ;

You don't have to set up an account at a hosting site if you use TinyPic.com.

1. The photo files on your computer must be in a format such as jpeg or jpg.

2. Using Tiny Pic, you hit the "Choose File" button and it searches your computer desktop. Choose one photo file then select a size ("Resize" button), and then UPLOAD NOW.

3. When the file is uploaded (Tiny Pic will tell you), copy the HTML tag by clicking on it, not the IMG tag.

4. Paste the HTML tag in your post.

This is the easiest way I know.

Claire

• leira
    14 years ago

What a difference a bit of distance can make...here in the Boston area, we haven't had anywhere near enough rain, let alone too much!

Rhubarb is usually propagated by crown division rather than seed. Everything I've read suggests that propagating from seed, while possible, is not recommended.

With proper care and proper nutrients, your rhubarb should get bigger and in a couple of years (or so) should be ready for division.

• cloud_9
    14 years ago

In the meantime, cutting off the flower/seed stalk will let the plant put more of its energy into getting bigger.