Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
suggestion for the plant in front of house face southwest

Posted by yan3 5b MA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 8:20

Hello all,

Couple of my front house plant died this spring with some of disease, I need to in 2 plant to replace it.

Any suggestion what I should put in, I have ninebard and holly now in the center, and some azalea on the side..

Thanks.

Yan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: suggestion for the plant in front of house face southwest

Do you have a photo of the house from the front showing the whole property that you can post? Also one looking down from a second story window would help give an idea of the amount of room. We need some idea of the size space, where windows are compared to the spaces, etc.

Are you only looking for shrubs or would you also be interested in large perennials, vines or small trees if appropriate? Are you willing to prune, or do you want plants that will control their own size?

You said that it faces SW. Is it in blazing sun all day or are there times that due to other buildings or trees that you have shade in some or all of the area?

Thanks.

o

• Posted by yan3 none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 17:39

I do not know how to upload the picture here, but the landscape put in Rhododendron Olga, it dried out due to some kind of disease. I think it is too much Sun of Olga Rhodedendron.

Thanks.

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 21:05

yan, I just posted How to include photos in a post. I hope this helps.

Claire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here