Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Info. re. Sydney Eddison Garden Tour

Posted by dorydelorosa Southern CT (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 10:15

At a recent book signing, Ms. Eddison mentioned an up-comming garden tour in the Newtown, Ct area that would include her garden. Does anyone have knowledge of the date, time and organization involved?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Info. re. Sydney Eddison Garden Tour

try googling gardenconservancy.org and see if her garden is listed on one of the Open Days tours.
best,
mindy

o

It doesn't specifically mention her garden but the Historical society in her town has a garden tour each year. See the link below. This year's is being held on July 17th. There is a number you can call for information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newtown, CT Garden Tour

o

sue, have you been there? is it more than the 2 borders you see over and over again (yes, tremendous design!)in publications?

best,
mindy

o

Not her home, this garden may be one she was talking about - it's on the GC OD in Litchfield, Aug 29.

This hillside garden, bordered by stone walls and staircases that connect the multi-level terraces, incorporates the structures and features of the French and Italian traditionsvistas, parterres and hedges of yew and box, potted plants, water features, statues, and garden seat. Intimate garden settings are created with a variety of plant material, over 100 roses and a shade garden framed by the green architecture. The garden has been featured in various garden publications and in garden writer Sydney Eddison's book The Gardener's Palette.

Martine & Richard Copeland
12 Eastwoods Road
Roxbury, Connecticut

Here is a link that might be useful: GC OD Litchfield

o

Hi Mindy,
I haven't seen her garden but did see Steve Silk's garden and he worked with her on the container book: Gardens to Go: Creating and Designing a Container Garden that I loved the photos in. This book gave lots of great ideas for interesting containers (not the run of the mill). Many libraries have it if anyone is interested in container gardening.

o
RE: Sydney Eddison Garden Tour

Hi Mindy,
I haven't seen her garden but did see Steve Silk's garden and he worked with her on the container book: Gardens to Go: Creating and Designing a Container Garden that I loved the photos in. This book gave lots of great ideas for interesting containers (not the run of the mill). Many libraries have it if anyone is interested in container gardening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here