o
how many rainy weekends have we had?

Posted by idabean 5A (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 12, 10 at 13:39

I've lost track. It seems like a lot.
idabean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how many rainy weekends have we had?

It's been two solid weeks of rain here since our last all sunny day. We've only managed to mow the lawns during short breaks in the rain clouds and were lucky not to get caught in a downpour. I think this will be another icky rainy summer like the last two summers.

The only bright side is not having to haul a watering can around to the gardens.

o

We've been trying to stain the fence and waiting for the wood to dry out. When it finally did, I couldn't find the palm sander and now that I have that, it's raining again...lol.

Hasn't been too much rain here yet. Cloudy weather but we've had some breaks with sunny parts of the day for the most part, except the last couple of days. Wasn't it a gorgeous weekend last weekend? And Memorial Day weekend, I thought we took a day trip and the sky was clear and the weather was gorgeous.

I'm always happy not to have to water but you really have to have enough of both, sun and rain.

o

• Posted by sue36 Z5 Maine (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 10:45

Two in a row here, the last decent weekend day was Memorial Day. Not only am I not getting anything done, I create more work for myself because I go to garden centers and buy more plants. My back patio, porch and driveway look like I am about to have a sale.

o

Our rain was pretty scarce here until recently. All those earlier rain storms missed us. Most of them went south of us, just like the snow this winter went south. Then when there were nice showers around us I'd wait for the rain which never came, so I'd check the radar and there was a nice big hole right on top of us as everybody else was getting good rain. Our grass was burned and brown and is just now turning green, but there's still some nice brown in there. I'd say we've had a dry spring with lots of sunshine.

Perhaps it's payback because you STOLE ALL OF OUR SNOW!!! I still don't see why you couldn't have shared a little of it. Maybe next winter you'll let us keep our snow and we'll let you have some sunshine? Deal?

o

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't look now but I think there is supposed to be sun this weekend!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here